New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

Morgon

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm missing something stupid. But I just set up the Wifi version. I can get video through the Reolink app, and HomeAssistant somehow notices it on the network, but HA can't configure it because the camera's not running anything on 443 (or any port, as far as I can tell).

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm missing something stupid. But I just set up the Wifi version. I can get video through the Reolink app, and HomeAssistant somehow notices it on the network, but HA can't configure it because the camera's not running anything on 443 (or any port, as far as I can tell).
did you set it up using the reolink PC or mac program?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I didn't, I used the mobile app as I didn't think it would affect anything (and I didn't even realize they had a Mac client; reviewing the thread, I only heard people discuss PC). Does that change how the doorbell is configured?
this is where you would turn on rtsp, rtmp and onvif.

and configure ports if need be

Morgon

n3wb
Reaction score
Damn. Their Mac app isn't ARM native (M1, etc), so I can't even use it on my machine (as Rosetta is bloat)
Is there no workaround to open those ports up? It's funny their website says you can manage this from a web browser, but seems to now be a chicken-and-egg problem.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Damn. Their Mac app isn't ARM native (M1, etc), so I can't even use it on my machine (as Rosetta is bloat)
Is there no workaround to open those ports up? It's funny their website says you can manage this from a web browser, but seems to now be a chicken-and-egg problem.
the app works fine on my M1 mac mini

mines the reolink client 3.5.6.55

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you enable all network services in the camera?

Open browser, log into the Reolink doorbell's webGUI using its IP, select the the gear icon at upper right, then "Network" => "Advanced", then scroll down, then "Port Settings", then slide switches to the right to enable RTMP, HTTP, HTTPS, then scroll down and also enable RTSP and ONVIF, then "Save" at lower right.

Morgon

n3wb
Reaction score
the app works fine on my M1 mac mini
You must have Rosetta installed. It's a compatibility layer for x86 binaries, but the ARM chips have been out for four years. No manufacturers should be lacking a compatible app at this point.

Either way, sucks it can't be done through the iOS app.

Morgon

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you enable all network services in the camera?

Open browser, log into the Reolink doorbell's webGUI using its IP, select the the gear icon at upper right, then "Network" => "Advanced", then scroll down, then "Port Settings", then slide switches to the right to enable RTMP, HTTP, HTTPS, then scroll down and also enable RTSP and ONVIF, then "Save" at lower right.
The webGUI isn't operational, that's the issue. Nothing is listening on 443, only 9000.

Morgon

n3wb
Reaction score
Reset it then try again via HTTP, not HTTPS.
Rebooted the device, nothing ever set itself up on 80 (http) or 443 (https). The device itself is online, as I can watch the feed from the app, just can't seem to get any access to it.

I don't suppose anyone's been able to directly control it through 9000?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
You must have Rosetta installed. It's a compatibility layer for x86 binaries, but the ARM chips have been out for four years. No manufacturers should be lacking a compatible app at this point.

Either way, sucks it can't be done through the iOS app.

In the meantime, I've managed to get an optimized Silicon-M1 version

From your M1 Mac, open the App Store, type "reolink" and the "Reolink Client" will show up. But, like I said, that's a very old version, so don't download it! Click the "Apps for iPhone and Pad" tab instead: you can now download the iPad app, which is built for Apple Silicon-M1 (ARM) and has more features than the current app for macOS.
It works like a charm
❗

…and maybe Reolink doesn't even know this

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Rebooted the device, nothing ever set itself up on 80 (http) or 443 (https). The device itself is online, as I can watch the feed from the app, just can't seem to get any access to it.
rebooted? Did you RESET it with a paper clip as in the link?
I don't suppose anyone's been able to directly control it through 9000?
That's the media port, for the app.

Morgon

n3wb
Reaction score
rebooted? Did you RESET it with a paper clip as in the link?
Gotcha. Didn't see you post a link, but just reset it on the back. Now it's doing the (annoying) announcement of setting it up with the app.

I just hooked it up to the LAN instead of using Wifi, but nothing except port 9000 is available. I don't have access to the desktop apps; this sucks.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 5.41.08 PM.png

Last edited:

Morgon

n3wb
Reaction score
In the meantime, I've managed to get an optimized Silicon-M1 version

From your M1 Mac, open the App Store, type "reolink" and the "Reolink Client" will show up. But, like I said, that's a very old version, so don't download it! Click the "Apps for iPhone and Pad" tab instead: you can now download the iPad app, which is built for Apple Silicon-M1 (ARM) and has more features than the current app for macOS.
It works like a charm
❗

…and maybe Reolink doesn't even know this
...? The Reolink app in the Mac App Store is just the iPad app, which is the same as the iPhone app, with no controls over the open ports.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Still don't know why ReoLink defaults HTTP or HTTPS ports Off...

Then Streaming Ports defaults also to Off; RTMP and RTSP, as well as ONVIF.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. Unfortunately that release is an x86-64 "Mach-O" binary, which requires a compatibility layer (Rosetta) to run on modern Macs. They are missing an ARM-native version.
You don't have any Windows machine just to run the Client to turn on HTTP?

Morgon

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope. But I was able to use a program called UTM and Microsoft's Windows 11 Preview service to hobble through the awful resolution enough to enable the ports. Wow that sucked! But I can actually move forward with install. Thankfully able to re-use the holes from my RCA HSDB1!

Appreciate the responses.

Last edited: