Review- EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 4mp Varifocal Turret

hunternm

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I got in the GUI with IE mode in Edge. I was able to access my other cameras by clicking the web icons. Then a new tab is opened with 192.168.100.70:10081 . 192.168.100.70 is my NVR IP. the port for other cameras will be 10082, 10083 .... However, the address in the new tab for
B541R-Z4E-S3 is 10.1.1.73 which is the IP the camera gets from the NVR. This IP is not accessible from my PC obviously. I am going to try to plug my laptop to one of the port of the NVR and see if I can get to the camera GUI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have the ZE of this review thread or the Z4E?

hunternm

n3wb
Reaction score
Z4E.

I connected my laptop to the NVR and was able to get to the camera GUI and zoom in further. Still trying to adjust the focus and find the sweet spot for read the license plate. Making some progress. thank you all for your help.

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
This looks like it checks a lot of boxes -- varifocal, low light lux, IVS. In this price range +/-, is there anything better in a turret?

snoyes34231

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just replaced my damaged 5442 ditch-cam with a new
IPC-T54IR-AS
I can't get my NVR to allow for motion. I've turned on motion on the camera, buy ny NVR, Avycom, will not allow me to turn on motion recording for the new camera, My other two 5442's work fine.. I have reached out to Empire (PM), but thought I would post the issue here as well. It's recording to the nvr 24/7 but no motion.. the whole point to to aid in search for ditch activity..
thanks
Scott

Attachments

hotwheels498

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It has been some over 5 years since i bought a camera from Andy based on the information and recommendations from this group. I have several of the IPC-HDW2231R-ZS that have worked flawlessly over the past 5 years, no i need to add a camera, Is the T54IR-ZE-S3 the current version of my HDW2231R-ZS and the goto now?

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It has been some over 5 years since i bought a camera from Andy based on the information and recommendations from this group. I have several of the IPC-HDW2231R-ZS that have worked flawlessly over the past 5 years, no i need to add a camera, Is the T54IR-ZE-S3 the current version of my HDW2231R-ZS and the goto now?

Thanks
Yes this is the go to camera and will be a big jump in performance.

CCTVThomas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yesterday I upgraded my two T5442-ZE cameras to the T54IR-ZE-S3. The new T54IR-ZE-S3 is in a different league, especially at night. During the day I see little improvement.
For this comparison I have the new and old cam's at the same settings: Smart IR on, Shutterspeed 8.3ms, Gain 50.

Attachments

Thomas Kenny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yesterday I upgraded my two T5442-ZE cameras to the T54IR-ZE-S3. The new T54IR-ZE-S3 is in a different league, especially at night. During the day I see little improvement.
For this comparison I have the new and old cam's at the same settings: Smart IR on, Shutterspeed 8.3ms, Gain 50.
How is the quality of moving objects (ghosting vs clarity at low shutter speed)? Im guessing you are in b/w there because you have no light at all? Im getting close to replacing and older dahua turret with one of these in my alley where there is usually a moderate amount of light but the b/w footage is still of interest

Last edited:

Thomas Kenny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can someone hook me up with the model number of the bullet version of this? Preferably varifocal and V3 also.

I want this in both turret and bullet

alekk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can someone hook me up with the model number of the bullet version of this? Preferably varifocal and V3 also.

I want this in both turret and bullet
Bullet is IPC-B54IR-ZE and IPC-B54IR-Z4E S3 ... later is telephoto.
Turret is in the thread title - IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3
Get 'em from @EMPIRETECANDY - Andy ROCKS!

Thomas Kenny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks I will get from Andy 's. Amazon store.

I used to order from AliExpress and it usually goes ok but one time it cost me $60 CAD to send one back to China for warranty service. And that's without tracking or insurance which would have been $90 It just appeared back in my mailbox 9 weeks later fixed but no longer water proof

Lesson learned

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks I will get from Andy 's. Amazon store.

I used to order from AliExpress and it usually goes ok but one time it cost me $60 CAD to send one back to China for warranty service. And that's without tracking or insurance which would have been $90 It just appeared back in my mailbox 9 weeks later fixed but no longer water proof

Lesson learned
Most orders we shipped now for US and Canada local stock, not really ship from Asia. Warranty center is at US, so won't pay a lot to do warranty. Normally we replace new camera directly if can't fix up easily. For other countries almost same. If not expensive things just replaced parts or new cam.

Last edited: