2 ptz cams suddenly offline

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i don`t know what happened but 2 of my ptz cams say offline, but show active on sadp along with the rest of my cams and dvr.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First thing to do is map out your IP addresses and see if you have a conflict - maybe a capacitor or something went out or the firmware got wonky and reset it.

Are the cameras all connected to the NVR via the POE ports or are they connected to external switches?

Or you have been hacked and someone changed the IPs.

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
both ip ptz cams not connected to nvr

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK what does sadp say the IP addresses are and what does the NVR say they should be?

Are the ptzs going thru your router? We have seen several hikvision hacked in the past two weeks.

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this is pretty strange. i was able to add the ptz to the dvr and can view it there but not on ivms 4200 on my laptop. in the camera menu on the dvr there are 4 ip camers on the top of the divided screen and bottom section of the screen 1 more devices showing online. the ptz on the top menu originally showed it was offline so i deleted it and it showed up on the bottom portion of the screen as online , along with the other device. so i added it back and it is now viewable but only on the dvr . i still don`t know the password. i think this camera has been resold as new and is locked to another acoount. i had the same problem last year with a dvr i got on amazon mexico. i can`t understand how i can view it at all since it is an ip cam and not directly connected to the dvr. is possible to reset the camera by using the reset button inside the dome? could that solve the problem?