20180523 Firmware for DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Installed on all the 5231 cameras here and so far so good - I didn't realise from the posts here that it seems the plugin isn't needed and it's using Adobe Flash now or at least it is on my Chromebook and I don't need to use the NACL browser to see video.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

Any new firmware that you have for SD49225T-HN cameras?
Looking for the day/night switch fix.

Thanks
This one firmware you can find on dahua website, https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/6681 please upload these 2 files one by one when you upgrade it, PTZ general this is the firmware for the PTZ function, if not upgrade this, camera will loose the PTZ function.
upload_2018-6-29_12-51-46.png

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this firmware is useless to me. Both of my IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 cameras get "stuck" in night mode. They do the Day -> Night switch just fine when it gets dark, but will NOT automatically switch from Night -> Day when there is plenty of daylight (hours after sunrise) to do so.

Anyone else have this experience with their IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 cameras?

Can I revert back to my previous firmware version from, I believe, 11-2017?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did notice the playback tab doesn't work without the plugin in the new firmware but does till via the NACL browser - the timeline is missing at the bottom otherwise

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I forgot to look how often the camera switches back and forth between day and night the last several nights; but tonight I had the live view on in Pale Moon with my PC's audio turned up so I could hear it switching back and forth. I've set the camera Sensitivity to low and delay to 10s.
Around 10 at night it switched between 10-20 times maybe before finally setting to night mode.
So at some point it gave a very dark (day mode) image.

So in the end; I'm very happy Dahua finally implemented the day/night switching, but it does have its quirks.
But at least it saves me from altering the sunrise/sunset time every so often when I had to use schedule.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I forgot to look how often the camera switches back and forth between day and night the last several nights; but tonight I had the live view on in Pale Moon with my PC's audio turned up so I could hear it switching back and forth. I've set the camera Sensitivity to low and delay to 10s.
Around 10 at night it switched between 10-20 times maybe before finally setting to night mode.
So at some point it gave a very dark (day mode) image.

So in the end; I'm very happy Dahua finally implemented the day/night switching, but it does have its quirks.
But at least it saves me from altering the sunrise/sunset time every so often when I had to use schedule.
Does yours transition from Night to Day when it should (near sunrise)? As I stated above, both of my IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 cameras hold onto Night mode way too far into Day. I even tried high sensitivity today and no change at all. If that worked like it should, this firmware would be great for me.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm having the plugin issue with Pale Moon 27.6.1.:

The browser does not support plugins. Images cannot be display properly. Please user lower version browser such as IE, Chrome under 42 and Firefox under 52.

Clearing the Pale Moon cache does not help. I'm wondering if somebody could make the plugin file available if it would work with the newer versions of Pale Moon? Since this Pale Moon version supported the prior plugins, it would seem that this error message from the camera is not correct.

Other than that, the first HFW-5231E-Z upgrade went smoothly, except that the long reboot time was a real nail-biter.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does yours transition from Night to Day when it should (near sunrise)? As I stated above, both of my IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 cameras hold onto Night mode way too far into Day. I even tried high sensitivity today and no change at all. If that worked like it should, this firmware would be great for me.
Yes, it switched back to day mode in the morning.
I don't know how often it switches back and forth then, but in the end; it switches to day mode.
I'm having the plugin issue with Pale Moon 27.6.1.:

The browser does not support plugins. Images cannot be display properly. Please user lower version browser such as IE, Chrome under 42 and Firefox under 52.

Clearing the Pale Moon cache does not help. I'm wondering if somebody could make the plugin file available if it would work with the newer versions of Pale Moon? Since this Pale Moon version supported the prior plugins, it would seem that this error message from the camera is not correct.

Other than that, the first HFW-5231E-Z upgrade went smoothly, except that the long reboot time was a real nail-biter.
It's not really a solution; but I downloaded an older version of Pale Moon (randomly picked 27.0.0) and then the plugin works.

Hopefully Dahua releases firmware without a needed plugin soon.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Anybody else have this problem, can't change anything on the video settings page? I can see the settings on the nvr's config screen and it looks like I can change them there, too. Good thing there's more than one way to do some things!

videoSettings.jpg

Last edited:

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there also a link to the firmware from Dahua's official website? (With logo).

What version of firmware is currently on the IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E I purchased?

Do I need the latest firmware to use NTSC?

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy-

Can you post a link to the no logo firmware for the IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 cameras from November of 2017? Thank you.

@EMPIRETECANDY

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like there's a new setting for tripwires "pixel counter". Anybody know what it is?
pixelCounter.jpg

Since loading the new firmware I've noticed a decrease in object detection sensitivity. Small animals that previously had the green boxes drawn around them don't get the box any more, and walk freely through the tripwire lines without detection.

eagle_eye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I am using the IPC-HDBW4631E-ASE and I am quite happy with it. Particularly the IVS is working fine - to detect persons moving in a No-Go area.
Now I have an other task to solve. Based on the experience with the 4631, I ordered a IPC-HFW81230E-Z (staring camera with 12M Pixels). Cause by the dramatic huge price I expect to have the same IVS and motion detection in the firmware.
But surpringly: motion detection is available, but IVS NOT!
The Motion detection is quite unusable for my application - Persons are roughly 30-40m away and caused by the IR light I have some more flys in front of the camera. I am getting lots of detection, caused by flys and wind. Therefore I need to use the IVS, which is working quite fine at the 4631.
I am using the latest more-or-less official FW "DH_IPC-HX8XXX-Nova_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.622.0000001.16.R.171215.bin".

Any ideas to activate the IVS?

The zooming is NOT important for me. The field-of-view of roughly 90° is fine. So maybe I can use an other FW, which has IVS but the zooming is not working any more??

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not sure but considering neither of those cameras has anything to do with this thread which is about the HX5X3X Rhea cameras I'd recommend making a new thread to avoid any confusion and to maybe get some valid replies. if someone has a HX8XXX they are probably not looking in this thread at all and you might never hear from them.... Welcome and Happy Independence Day (at least if you are an American anyways)!

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there also a link to the firmware from Dahua's official website? (With logo).

What version of firmware is currently on the IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E I purchased?

Do I need the latest firmware to use NTSC?
Bump.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@nuraman00

The firmware that Andy (EmpireAndy) posts on here is official firmware. Often times dealers are provided the newest firmware weeks or even months before Dahua posts it on their website for the public to access. I'd also point out that often Dahua packages firmware in a zip file with multiple copies that are used for different methods of updating which can be confusing for many since you might unzip a dozen or more different files. One is for updating via the Web UI, another for updating via special software, another (multiple or a single file) for updating via serial console interface, another for updating via SD card, etc. but they do not explicitly state which is which.

Just look in the UI menu to see what version you have now. It is right there under Setting>Information>Version.

Not exactly. In the past Dahua made multiple different types of the same version firmware for each camera which was also complicated and at times, confusing. They would have a PAL version and an NTSC version as well as both of those but one with Dahua logo, one without, and then often duplicates of those but with different languages. Dahua is moving toward making two (or three if you count China firmware) firmware for a camera that has the ability to select NTSC or PAL, select from many different languages. The only difference between the two will be if it has the Dahua logo or not. In your case, if yours currently is PAL and you can select NTSC then you need new firmware which has that choice.

The first post in this thread has what you want. You just have to choose if you want it with the Dahua logo or not.

As far as NTSC or PAL. These are just different video system types for different countries but these days, with IP cameras you can really use either one just fine. Depending on the resolution NTSC supports a higher frame rate but at a lower resolution. PAL has a slightly higher vertical resolution but a lower frame rate. For example in NTSC mode you might be able to choose 2560x1440 at 30 FPS but in PAL mode your choice would be 2688x1520 but at 25 FPS. So there are trade offs depending on which video standard you choose.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nuraman00

The firmware that Andy (EmpireAndy) posts on here is official firmware. Often times dealers are provided the newest firmware weeks or even months before Dahua posts it on their website for the public to access. I'd also point out that often Dahua packages firmware in a zip file with multiple copies that are used for different methods of updating which can be confusing for many since you might unzip a dozen or more different files. One is for updating via the Web UI, another for updating via special software, another (multiple or a single file) for updating via serial console interface, another for updating via SD card, etc. but they do not explicitly state which is which.

Just look in the UI menu to see what version you have now. It is right there under Setting>Information>Version.

Not exactly. In the past Dahua made multiple different types of the same version firmware for each camera which was also complicated and at times, confusing. They would have a PAL version and an NTSC version as well as both of those but one with Dahua logo, one without, and then often duplicates of those but with different languages. Dahua is moving toward making two (or three if you count China firmware) firmware for a camera that has the ability to select NTSC or PAL, select from many different languages. The only difference between the two will be if it has the Dahua logo or not. In your case, if yours currently is PAL and you can select NTSC then you need new firmware which has that choice.

The first post in this thread has what you want. You just have to choose if you want it with the Dahua logo or not.

As far as NTSC or PAL. These are just different video system types for different countries but these days, with IP cameras you can really use either one just fine. Depending on the resolution NTSC supports a higher frame rate but at a lower resolution. PAL has a slightly higher vertical resolution but a lower frame rate. For example in NTSC mode you might be able to choose 2560x1440 at 30 FPS but in PAL mode your choice would be 2688x1520 but at 25 FPS. So there are trade offs depending on which video standard you choose.
Thanks. I don't have the cameras installed, so that's why I don't know what version is on the cameras.

Are you using ConfigTool to see the version? I read about it, but haven't installed it yet.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can also see the current version with the config tool as well as in the camera's web interface or in SmartPSS and probably in the phone app too.