4MP Budget Cam Black Friday Giveaway

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
WINNERS

Well the suspense was thick here at the Bigredfish household this morning for the big drawing. We did have to wake up Samantha with a treat as she had already gone down for here 3rd nap, but she rose to the occasion!

IMG_0963.JPGIMG_0967.JPGIMG_0970.JPGIMG_0971.JPGIMG_0974.JPGIMG_0977.JPGIMG_0980.JPGIMG_0982.JPG

The Winners are:
  • The 4433C-A Turret goes to member @JNDATHP
  • The T2431T Turrest goes to member @samplenhold
  • And the SD1A404XB-GNR goes to member @c hris527
Winners contact me via Message and give me a shipping address. I'll get them out sometime next week.

Thanks to for playing. Hope all of you have a great holiday and a very Merry Christmas!
===============================

Like many of you, I'm thankful that I found this place. I've learned a ton, and its a well run enjoyable place to hangout filled with a bunch of good folks who are always willing to spend your money help you out.

So in the spirit of the season, (and because my wife is threatening to leave if I don't get rid of some of the stuff in the garage) I thought I'd pass along some cameras that I've used for testing lately. Frankly I'm outta places to put another camera, so I'm hoping someone else can put them to good use.
Thanks to Andy @EMPIRETECANDY for allowing me to test them and pass along to a fellow member who can put them to work.

I have three 4MP cameras as shown in the pictures below for 3 lucky winners

Whadda I gotta do to win? Lets keep it simple

Simply post to this thread and tell us where you'd install either one of the Turrets or the mini-PTZ.
*** You wont know which camera you may win. It will be random.

And because everything has rules, ...
1- You must be a member of IPCT and have at least 10 legit posts on the forum to be eligible (real posts not just a smiley and the entry post don't count)
2- This contest will begin immediately and run through EST midnight Black Friday 11/29/2019
3- This contest is open only to those with a CONUS (Continental United States) address for shipping reasons
4- Only one camera per winner. Winner chosen at random by my beautiful assistant Samantha.
5- I will ship to your address the cheapest way possible next week. (Winners contact me via a private conversation make arrangements)
6- Winners will be chosen and announced Saturday 11/30 when I can get Samantha to wake up.

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

If you dont like Cats, pretend that you do, Samantha knows and your chance of winning is in her hands....
Samantha1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
What a nice gesture! I, too, have learned a lot from this forum and am grateful.

Where would I install a turret if I were fortunate to win? Corner of house which would be to the left of the camera with the vehicle in it.
CD50CC87-7AF3-4588-B93A-723F8A41EB93.jpeg

Freubel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great idea and very nice of you to give the camera's away !
Unfortunatly i'm from the Netherlands so i'm not eligable.
Good luck with the drawing !

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice idea! I don't qualify as my slave lives in Brexitland so I'll just say that I would put it at the top of the rabbit warren in our back yard and hope that he will take the hint if he reads this. I love rabbits, even if they do make me sleepy.
Pixie sitting back.png

Dwellonroof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I How do you find how many post? Is it actually starting one or in a conversation? Anyway I'd place it at my sister in laws since she found her gas cap off and hanging on her car.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay, I'm in..
Wow Samantha has some Kool looking blue eyes. I miss my orange tabby, his name was Demien and he lived up to his name..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I How do you find how many post? Is it actually starting one or in a conversation? Anyway I'd place it at my sister in laws since she found her gas cap off and hanging on her car.
You have 26, posts, you're good

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm in Canada, if you include me in the giveaway and I win, I'll gladly pay for the shipping.

I'd install the cam in my back yard, as I currently don't have any coverage there.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If I win I'd install it on my shed I just built this summer. I need coverage of the yard back there. Already have Ethernet run out and a POE switch installed!

If I won the PTZ I would put it above the front door of the house to look around a bit.

IMG_1310.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Schulz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If I was the fortunate winner of one of these fine pieces of equipment. I would set the cam up on my inground pool to alert me of any critters who might fall in. Or any intruders who might take a dip. Finally I would take videos of my fine wife sunbathing and swimming naked in said pool and send them to you.

IMG_5453.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well as you know I have been given the significant other imposed do not buy another camera mantra. So it would be great if i told her how nice this stranger i never met, on this crazy website about cameras, just decided out of the blue (iris that is) to send me a free PTZ mini camera to help in my system rebuild. But wait Honey listen to me, he didn't just go buy this PTZ, and I know you don't know what the hell a PTZ is, but just listen. He got it for free to test, from some guy he never met, he doesn't even know this guy himself, and guess where this guy he never met lives Honey. THATS RIGHT CHINA how did you know that omg Honey how did you know that. NO everything is not made in china Honey your being condescending right now. Listen all he is going to do is pick my text and after reading about how great my life partner is who said til death do we part, NOT til if you buy another camera do we part, and send me a PTZ camera for nothing, nada, gazero, (eyes rolling) :rolleyes: i know that isn't a word Honey, for free ok.

Reaction score
If I was the fortunate winner of one of these fine pieces of equipment. I would set the cam up on my inground pool to alert me of any critters who might fall in. Or any intruders who might take a dip. Finally I would take videos of my fine wife sunbathing and swimming naked in said pool and send them to you.
LOL I saw that cat overboard emergency response. I had never seen a cat walk on water before. :lmao:

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed to my eve near my front door. Gotta catch all those creepers at the stop sign.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd put it at our remote cabin in Virginia (elevation 3,800 feet), to watch the snow, and watch for trespassers. I already have three of Andy's cameras to take up there in a couple of weeks, but another one would be great!!

And I'll check my post count and get working on it if it is not enough!

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Up to this point, I would consider what I have been doing as playing with security cameras. I have an old Android tablet that has been my makeshift front yard camera for about 6 months now-and I can't complain too much, tablet was free, a free app allows it to stream something BI can pick up, and using WiFi means I didn't have to run any cabling. I've caught Papa, Mama and Baby bear strolling thru our front yard with it, but it has zero night vision and this weekend I am running the cabling for cameras at various locations to move the 3 cameras I do have to POE (currently using powerline adaptors) and running a bunch of spare cables for installation of cameras to be purchased later. Any one of these 3 would be a great addition to my system. And shipping to FL would probably be pretty cheap ;)

Just like real estate-location, location, location? The front yard and drive are the areas of focus for me currently. The drive has the highest probability of traffic (humans and others) and the deepest field of view so the PTZ would wind up covering that area. The front yard/door is a narrower field of view so that's where a turret would get installed.

erensfd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I were to win, this would go inside my garage. I will install new cameras from Andy outside my house next Thursday, so the timing would be great. This happens to be my 9th post by the way, and cats are cool. Happy Thanksgiving!