A sky cam sunrise.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Beautiful.
It would not surprise me if your local TV weather people didn't call and ask you to FTP an image everyday about that time so they could put it up with their forecast.
I have Blue Iris sending this to Ambient Weather everyday, minus the overlays....it's no where as dramatic and telling as yours, though. :cool:

FlagCam_010523-0649.jpg

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't have this view online, but the West cam is sent to Ambient Weather. I don't know how often the news stations check out the local weather stations, but I haven't had anyone contact me or know how they would.

I would be happy to send them images though.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I am considering reaching out to some of the local news stations to see if they would want access to stills from my cameras. Before I do this I would want to make sure I have a plan on how and where to upload them.

How can I do this? I don't currently have any FTP access set up anywhere.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am considering reaching out to some of the local news stations to see if they would want access to stills from my cameras. Before I do this I would want to make sure I have a plan on how and where to upload them.

How can I do this? I don't currently have any FTP access set up anywhere.
They will most likely have a specific procedure for this.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Back in February I suggested you let the local TV weather people know about your beautiful SkyCam.

And soon after you said here "I sent out emails to the 4 major local news stations, haven't heard back from them yet."

It's been a month and if you still haven't heard from any of them by now, IMO.....1) they don't know what they're missing and 2) they're morons.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Back in February I suggested you let the local TV weather people know about your beautiful SkyCam.

And soon after you said here "I sent out emails to the 4 major local news stations, haven't heard back from them yet."

It's been a month and if you still haven't heard from any of them by now, IMO.....1) they don't know what they're missing and 2) they're morons.
I still have not heard anything. I sent a link to a Google Photos album with captures, too.

However, it also took 2 months to hear back from Taco Bell about a horrible experience I had. They might as well have not even responded with the lack of response I was given.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I still have not heard anything. I sent a link to a Google Photos album with captures, too.

However, it also took 2 months to hear back from Taco Bell about a horrible experience I had. They might as well have not even responded with the lack of response I was given.
BTW, I guess "SkyCam" is a trademark anyway but the generic "Sky Cam" with a space is not.
You could solicit other suggestions for it as I'm sure one day they'll come to their senses.
Maybe "Ri22oCam" ? :lmao: