AD410 with mechanical chime had reboot issue when button is pressed.

Drk

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted to post this in case anybody else has this issue in the future. I have an AD410 I installed in November 2021 that was working well until recently. It's failure mode was that when the button was pressed, I would get the notification on the app and my mechanical chime would only ring one tone. Then the AD410 would reboot itself.

Turns out there is an internal battery that helps see the AD410 through when the power level drops as the mechanical doorbell activates. I purchased an equivalently rated battery that was very close to the physical size of the battery in the AD410. The circuit card on the AD410's old battery has a three wire connection to the motherboard. The replacement card only had a two wire connection. I moved the circuit card from the old battery to the new one.

There are eight screws under rubber covers that can be removed to give access to the inside of the AD410.

The battery is located under the WI-FI antenna. I carefully used a plastic razor blade in order to separate the antenna from the battery and the battery from the board:

ad410 battery location.jpg

Old battery removed, note the the three wire connection.

removed battery.jpg

Old battery with yellow cellophane type cover removed and board lifted away from the battery showing battery terminal connections:

old battery showing terminal attachment.jpg

This is the circuit board I unsoldered from the new battery and replaced with the board from the old battery:

circuit board removed from new battery.jpg

After moving the new battery with the old board, I just used a bit of electrical tape to secure the board to the new battery. There was enough glue residue to re-secure the battery in it's old location and to secure the Wi-Fi antenna back on top of the battery. I closed the AD410 backup, reinstalled it and my issue was resolved.

Edit: I heard on another forum that what I understood to be the wifi antenna may actually be a heater for the battery.

Last edited: