All around home security,

Reaction score
Hello,

i am looking for all around home security/solution to fully monitor my apartment including my door steps, i require 2 Wifi Cameras in my apartment (connected to power) and i require a camera or maybe a door bell camera, i dont need the door bell function, just need to see who is at my doorsteps (preferably battery powered).

i got great WiFi signal in my apartment but need to keep an eye on everything happening ESPECIALLY at my doorsteps to keep my family safe, the other day an UNEXPECTED visitor came to my doorsteps and a family member opened the door for him because we dont have a peep hole in my door, also i dont want to install one and prefer a a wifi camera with a Wide Angle to better see who is at my door steps.

Is there a single solution to manage all three cameras from a single interface ?

i used foscam earlier but am NOT planning this time to spend too much money on the setup,150$ Max coz i can see those being sold on amazon and they look decent enough for 30$, my only worry is the cam at my door steps OUTSIDE my apartment is gonna need to be BATTERY powered and wifi ready,

i need of course all usual functions such as:-

• non stop recording/surveillance to home network drive.
  • good picture quality and decent colors
  • night vision (important)
  • motion detection
  • 2 way audio, ftp, cloud etc...
  • non stop recording or possibly time lapse...

and all the usual and useful stuff.

thanks all,

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Let me get this straight...you want three cams and a storage solution for continuous recording, good pic quality, night vision, motion detection, 2 way audio, etc, all for under $150? Not going to happen.

First off, in just about every jurisdiction in the USA, the landlord is required to install a door peephole for rental homes and apartments. WIFI is a very unstable transmission medium for security cameras and is not recommended. Read the document @looney2ns has posted above.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cameras are for surveillance to get information for after the fact.
For security system use an alarm system, motion detectors, break glass detectors, open window, open door sensors.

All wifi signal can be jammed, Anything that uses Wifi is not to be reliable used for security.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm you are looking for monitored security, I recommend the new ADT Command systems. A bit pricy but very reliable. Don't let them talk you into their cameras though. Junk.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm you are looking for monitored security, I recommend the new ADT Command systems. A bit pricy but very reliable. Don't let them talk you into their cameras though. Junk.
I personally wouldn't use ADT for anything at all.
As much as we bash Ring around here, the Ring home alarm is actually decent. It's @fenderman endorsed. :)

Dubyappli

n3wb
Reaction score
I stumbled upon your post while searching for a similar solution a while back. Home security is something we all want peace of mind about, especially with unexpected visitors showing up. I remember a time when I couldn't see who was at my door, and it left me feeling uneasy.

I ended up finding a solution that worked for me through Private Security Company | Private Security Firm | Monmouth, Nerwent, Tewkesbury, Forest of Dean, South Herefordshire, Gloucestershire. Their range of affordable options, including battery-powered cameras with wide angles, fit my needs perfectly. With features like continuous recording to my home network drive, motion detection, and clear night vision, it's been a game-changer for me.

Last edited: