AM/PM & Sunrise/Sunset Inverted In Camera Event Scheduler

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm coming up empty searching on his one. The screen shot(s) pretty much speak for themselves. And man did it give me a run for the money trying to figure out how to schedule an individual 'Relative to Sunrise/Sunset' camera event until I realized what I was fighting. Sheesh.

And on top of the inverted time period stuff, the Sunrise/Sunset times are not for my Lat/Long and about an hour off, but not precise enough to be DST related. Checked everything I could think of there anyway and everything else is in sync..., even a couple Reolink 810s. LOL

So has anyone run across this before or was it a known issue back in the good ol' 5.7.x.x days? I'm running 5.7.4.2. Maybe it was short-lived / exclusive to just that release and quickly corrected before many users noticed. Hell, I've been running it for almost a year and I just did! And it's the last available release right before my initial support expired..., of course.

Anyway, here's the dilemma and something tells me there's not an easy regedit solution handy for this one. Would be grateful if anyone knows which release this issue may have popped up in so I'm not just pissin up a rope backtracking through previous releases trying to find one without it.

As usual gang, TIA for any constructive illumination. It's always appreciated.

Event Control.jpg

Event Schedule.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First delete your 4 control events.

Then In your first screenshot above, change the time where it says 9:12:27 and change it to either the sunrise or sunset time.

Then select the relative to sunrise/sunset box and then select the function.

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

I know how it's supposed to work. And the 9:12 just happens to be random in the example as I was experimenting with the settings at the time of the screenshot yesterday.

The problem is AM and PM are reversed in BI as relate to Sunrise and Sunset as shown.

A PM time setting binds to Sunrise and an AM time setting binds to Sunset when using the Relative feature. Then there is the incorrect offset for the correctly entered latitude and longitude in the Main Settings Schedule which translates to the Relative feature of the Event scheduler as well. I would obviously correct both if it were possible.

Hence my general inquiry and actual question.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Triple check your coordinates are not off - make sure you are not missing a - sign or added a - sign that would flip it or a number transposed.

Did you try the little GPS icon on the coordinate page - that may or may not be accurate based on where your ISP says "home" is.

Pull up Google Map and get coordinates of your house there and manually type them in.

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm well beyond all that. I could use your coordinates with the same resulting error in determining the Sunrise/Sunset offset.

Regardless, Sunrise would still associate with a PM entry and Sunset with an AM entry when activating the Relative feature. The entry is being incorrectly applied in my particular case.

Feel free to plug in 41N, 82E, and set up a 9:00PM #6 contrast level setting event relative to sunrise/sunset. If it defaults to Sunrise, we both have the same problem.

My money is on PM being correctly selected with your system.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since your location says "Reportedly in the Area" I have no idea which continent you are on, but if you are in the USA, 82E should be -82E and then it will be correct.

When I changed mine to your coordinates it shows sunrise as PM as yours does.

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
82E should be -82E and then it will be correct.
Bingo. Blue Iris appears to show the opposite, but I'm actually W anyway and should have realized the '+' and '-' are prefixes for the respective coordinates. Dumb ass.

So do you know how to clear event function settings to get back to camera defaults? That's next on the list. LOL

Thanks a ton, man. I truly appreciate your time and sticking with me on this.

Latitude.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is why I said confirm it in Google Maps LOL. If you right click on your house, it would show the - ;)

Now just left click on one of those and hit the garbage can icon to delete them and then start again!

1710124064985.png

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's the thing, I did use Google maps, copy/pasted and let BI populate the entry boxes accordingly. It just slipped by among several other considerations I was also trying to sort out at the same time.

As a bonus the existing entries fixed themselves. They need modified anyway, but it was satisfying to see them corrected nonetheless.

Again, thanks for your help (and patience).