Apartment Issues

Brook

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m found this forum in trying to figure out how to address my needs for my current situation. I live in an apartment and have the unfortunate situation of my neighbors not picking up after their dogs poop. My apartment management seems to think they could handle it if I could only get a pick of who it is. I have no idea. I just know it’s disgusting. It’s against the terms of our lease and bags/bins are readily available.

my initial idea was some sort of camera in my windows but I saw from the cliff notes that is a bad idea if I’m wanting to identify someone. I assume I’d want some sort of night vision and recording capability but I don’t plan on living here long term so I don’t want to spend a ton. Still, willing to do something because out of principle I’d love to catch whoever is this rude.

I’ve tried to read sin cliff notes but get overwhelmed because it’s way over my head. I really just have a porch and 2 window areas I’d like to try and have watch over. I am not sure where to start, any tips would be appreciated?

thanks!

kroq83

n3wb
Reaction score
I been looking in to Wyse camera. To fill in a system. They $25 you can pick them up at home depot and Amazon. Just get a sd card you can pull it out to look at video. After this would be Ring and Nest. Then you get in to harder system. Also blue iris will record them if needed.

Last edited:

Brook

n3wb
Reaction score
I been looking in to Wyse camera. To fill in a system. They $25 you can pick them up at home depot and Amazon. Just get a sd card you can pull it out to look at video. After this would be Ring and Nest. Then you get in to harder system. Also blue iris will record them if needed.

Thanks! At least I don’t have a bear problem lol

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I stay in an apt. also and have had several cams in the windows. The main thing is to either not have IR or IR you can disable, only issue then would be if you have enough ambient lighting for what you are wanting to capture if at night.
I have found bullets or mini bullets work the best as you can get them against or almost against the glass. So you don't have many glare/light issues if any, also if directly against the glass the IR maybe ok as it may not reflect back.
I have tried turrets and while they work if not varifocal to focus past/through the glass can have more glare/light issues then the bullets.

IPC-HFW1831E 8MP
Apt. window.PNG Night.PNG

Last edited:

kroq83

n3wb
Reaction score
I have seen people test Wyze in cars.
just a I idea. Take a black Wyze and mount it on a wooded 2x2. Power with a usb battery. Then bring it in during the day so it don't get stolen. They say it has 14 day of cloud storage free with WI-FI.

Mine dad has some Nest in window. It also has the IR problem. But he has one indoor in a outdoor case. As I think the that camera don't have the IR problem because it mounted very close to the glass, Maybe take black paper to make a cone to get it close to window to help the IR problem.

This person add a light