App Not Connecting After Server Migration

swather450

n3wb
Reaction score
I moved my BI server to a laptop today and everything is working on the laptop side of things. When I try and connect my BI app I am getting an "Unable to make connection: check server address".

What is interesting is if I open up BI on my old server (it will run in demo mode for a couple of days still) and change the IP address in the app to my previous server, everything connects just fine.

I have deleted the server on the app several times and tried to type it all in fresh with no luck, but I can change the IP 192.168.x.xx1 to 192.168.x.xx2 just fine and connect to the old server.

I have tried renaming the server, I have tried disabled the auto-ban IP and release banned IP in the advanced menu of the web server tab in BI.

What more can I do to connect to BI with the app?

This is all while my phone is connected to my home network, but I get the same results if I disable my phones wifi and open OpenVPN. I have also seen the same behavior on my iPad.

swather450

n3wb
Reaction score
Figured out the issue. The new laptop's firewall was blocking BI. It's all fixed now, but have to remember to check in the future.