App stopped connecting after Blue Iris Server Change.

No_4

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a bit of a funny one here. I've long had an android box (Minix) hooked up to a tv in my bedroom running the Blue Iris app. Yesterday I finally moved the server off my wife's pc as it was starting to bog her machine down (Windows 7 with an i7-3770). It is now on its own Windows 10 Pro HP 600 G2 with an i7-6700 and 8GB ram and running much happier at 27% CPU.
In setting up BI on the new server, I exported the settings from the previous machine (192.168.1.252 static) onto the new machine (192.168.1.250 static). I could immediately log onto the server from my pc and her pc, so I know that is working.
On my ipad, I set up the new server, and initially it refused to connect, but after 30min or so it did. My wife's ipad was tried later and that worked. But the Minix box would not connect. I double checked and triple checked the settings, but no go. I would get either no response (Connect flashes once on press) or one of 2 error messages - too many login attempts, try again later, or anonymous refused.
I tried logging in from the Minix browser to UI3. This worked as long as the lockout had timed out (I dropped that in settings to 15mins). So I know that the Minix can reach the BI Server, but for some reason the App can't. I use the licence code to look up the details, so all I have to enter is the user name and password (both confirmed correct). I've tried rebooting the Minix, to no effect.
My modem/router is a Huawei 659b which has minimal controls and no firewall that I can find (soon to be exhanged with an Edgerouter X as part of a network upgrade), so it is only Windows Firewall on the new box, which I've checked and it does include BI.
Network sharing is not Homegroup, just standard private network with Network Discovery on and user accounts used, password protected turned off.
Any suggestions on what I should try next?

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
... But the Minix box would not connect. I double checked and triple checked the settings, but no go. I would get either no response (Connect flashes once on press) or one of 2 error messages - too many login attempts, try again later, or anonymous refused...

Any suggestions on what I should try next?
Did you just update the LAN and WAN addresses in the app or did you set up the new server from scratch? I've run into what sounds like the same issue with the Android app and if I recall correctly setting the server up again from scratch resolved the issue.

No_4

n3wb
Reaction score
If I understand you correctly, we're only talking client side actions here. In which case, yes, in the app I deleted the existing servers and created new ones, using the licence code to get the correct address settings and adding the username and password.

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I understand you correctly, we're only talking client side actions here. In which case, yes, in the app I deleted the existing servers and created new ones, using the licence code to get the correct address settings and adding the username and password.
Yes, only client side actions... deleting the existing servers and creating new ones, not just editing the LAN/WAN addresses in the existing servers to point to the new servers. I take it that didn't resolve the problem so no joy.

No_4

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to close this off, I finally made the switch to my EdgerouterX, with vlan partitions etc, and setup a new server on the Minix. This time it worked. I tried repeatedly to solve the problem but could not beat the anonymous user login fail. One of the mysteries of life.