Auto IR turning off

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello! If I turn off or on the IR on one of my indoor cams from the BI app it stays that way indefinitely until I login to the cam and either reboot or mess with the "auto IR" like turn it to manual mode then back to auto. Anyway to get the camera to turn back to "auto IR" from the app?

Thanks!

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so maybe figured this out. I did a long touch and hold on the light bulb in the app while viewing the problem camera and it now has a "A" over the bulb and switched to what it is supposed to be at. I assume this means BI will toggle it when it senses light and darkness?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so maybe figured this out. I did a long touch and hold on the light bulb in the app while viewing the problem camera and it now has a "A" over the bulb and switched to what it is supposed to be at. I assume this means BI will toggle it when it senses light and darkness?
It sets the camera back to auto, blue iris does not toggle it after that, the camera does.
also note that the ir bulb in BI does not actually toggle IR in most cameras, it just toggles day/night which is different than the IR.

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so day/night is where the camera was getting lost. Isn't the IR on only during night mode?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so day/night is where the camera was getting lost. Isn't the IR on only during night mode?
yes, but it sets the camera to night mode. So it wont switch back to day mode. If it would simply disable ir the camera could be set to auto and would have IR off at night and it auto switch to day mode.