Best way to exit wall to run wires outside?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Three of the cameras I want to install will require running out from the NVR directly through the outside wall where all cabling will be hung outside to its corresponding camera. What do the pros usually use to exit wires through to the outside wall in order to keep it waterproof and to keep bugs from getting in? A standard junction box, calk and conduit?

erensfd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That’s what the pros did at my house. They put a box right over the hole, caulked around it and started the conduit in two directions.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Three of the cameras I want to install will require running out from the NVR directly through the outside wall where all cabling will be hung outside to its corresponding camera. What do the pros usually use to exit wires through to the outside wall in order to keep it waterproof and to keep bugs from getting in? A standard junction box, calk and conduit?
If you have a one story, you can run the cables in the attic and drop a section of conduit down from the soffit to a junction box.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, erensfd

If you have a one story, you can run the cables in the attic and drop a section of conduit down from the soffit to a junction box.
No attic, it's a brick industrial building.