BI time and date how to set to use comp time at startup

Reaction score
Hi I am a newby and have a question on the time shown on the cameras pictures.

When I turn off my computer at nite and then restart in the morning my time is at 00:00.00
the date is correct.
Can anyone tell me how to get BI to use the time of day when I start my computer in the morning.
BTW I have to manually click on the BI icon to start my cameras every day.
This particular computer is my day time monitor while i am awake, i have another computer running 24 hours a day.

Thx for any help you can give

Rob

Last edited:

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Rob
So the 24/7 PC is the one that really runs BI? (and actually records the cam feeds)

If so, you don't need to run another instance of BI from the PC you turn on and off. You can look from whatever browser you use. That may also fix your having to clock BI to start cameras. BTW, do you do that on the on/off PC?

As for time, I run something call timesynctool on my BI PC. It gets time from a web time server, and then provided time to my cameras. It could also provide time to your other PC, to keep them in sync.

It also sounds weird that your PC loses time. Maybe change the battery on the motherboard?

Randy

Reaction score
Randy
Thx for the reply.
I think some more background is needed
I am running a Logitech system with 2 cameras they are run thru a pc that runs win 7.
The logitech system can not run on win 10.
So the main pc is running win 7 with the logitech camera program 24 hours a day and writing to an ssd.
The second PC (on win 10) is the one that gets shutoff every nite and restarted in the morning, it is running Blu Iris.

So its the second PC (on win 10) i have the problem with time on, the weird thing is it didnt do this the first week i had it installed.
so it must be something in the settings that I have changed messing with all the different possibilitys of the BI system.

This is just about the jest of it.
So i have no idea where i can activate or deactive time display in BI.

Rob

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I know this is not your original question, but wondering why not run BI on the Win7 PC? If BI can find the feeds from the logitech cams, then BI can do everything.
I would also get a WD purple drive, and use that to store the cam data. Purples are designed for recording cam data. Your SSD may not last long.

For the time problem, is the PC time ok? BI just gets time from the PC, so if the PC is ok then BI should be OK.

Randy

Reaction score
Randy,
Yep pc time is ok and when i go into camera propertys> Schedule> then tick "camera is only active when externally triggered", BI will reset the camera to inactive, when I then UNtick the same option, and restart BI then all the the info on the camera picture including the exact TIME is ok again, on both cameras.
This fine all day till I shutdown the PC. When I restart the PC the next morning the date is correct but the time = 00:00.00
This is what i cant understand unless I am doing something wrong by not shutting down BI first before I shutdown the PC.
Should I shutdown the BI program before I shutdown the PC???

Rob

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Randy,
Yep pc time is ok and when i go into camera propertys> Schedule> then tick "camera is only active when externally triggered", BI will reset the camera to inactive, when I then UNtick the same option, and restart BI then all the the info on the camera picture including the exact TIME is ok again, on both cameras.
This fine all day till I shutdown the PC. When I restart the PC the next morning the date is correct but the time = 00:00.00
This is what i cant understand unless I am doing something wrong by not shutting down BI first before I shutdown the PC.
Should I shutdown the BI program before I shutdown the PC???

Rob
Always is best policy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The logitech cams command a high price on ebay...sell them, replace with dahua starlight..youll be much better off..

Reaction score
Fenderman thx for youre advise, but that dont help me solve me existing problem. Besides I am in the Netherlands (Holland) and those Logitech wilife cams I have are not worth a dime overhere.
Beings I am retired no funds for new cameras so need to solve the problem I have.

Thx for youre advise though.

Rob

Reaction score
No matter how i shutdown the PC it makes no difference in how the BI program starts the Cams. When I start the BI program when the pic from the cams come up the time is 00:00.00, so I tried right clicking on the pictures of the cams and selecting RESTART CAMERA this worked, it set the time to the correct time of day.
At least now i have a work around by restarting the cams i get the right time of day and date.
This is not what I expected from a 70 plus dollar program its kindof a shame that even after sending multiple email to the support dept. no response and no help was offered.
Not very good for its rep imo.

Rob

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No matter how i shutdown the PC it makes no difference in how the BI program starts the Cams. When I start the BI program when the pic from the cams come up the time is 00:00.00, so I tried right clicking on the pictures of the cams and selecting RESTART CAMERA this worked, it set the time to the correct time of day.
At least now i have a work around by restarting the cams i get the right time of day and date.
This is not what I expected from a 70 plus dollar program its kindof a shame that even after sending multiple email to the support dept. no response and no help was offered.
Not very good for its rep imo.

Rob
You make is sound like 70 dollars is a fortune. Understand this, in the VMS industry 70 dollars will buy you a single camera license if that, with 90 days of support....
maybe you should try running the software as intended instead of shutting it down every night....you are not using this software properly then bitching about it...
try reinstalling the software.
You should be using direct to disk and getting the timestamp from the camera itself...

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman thx for youre advise, but that dont help me solve me existing problem. Besides I am in the Netherlands (Holland) and those Logitech wilife cams I have are not worth a dime overhere.
Beings I am retired no funds for new cameras so need to solve the problem I have.

Thx for youre advise though.

Rob
It does solve the existing problem...you wont need to run two computers and you wont need to shut down blue iris at night...the whole thing makes zero sense and is backwards..
They are worth a fortune anywhere...get rid of them.

Reaction score
You make is sound like 70 dollars is a fortune. Understand this, in the VMS industry 70 dollars will buy you a single camera license if that, with 90 days of support....
maybe you should try running the software as intended instead of shutting it down every night....you are not using this software properly then bitching about it...
try reinstalling the software.
You should be using direct to disk and getting the timestamp from the camera itself...
If you can provide me with an howto what the intensions are of how this program is intended to be used i will gladly look at it and see if for my purposes it will do what I want. Please dont refer to the help file it dont help me.

But i do not think you are aware what wilife cameras are worth out of youre area of expertise,so please refrain from an opinion regarding the market place for those cameras where I live.
Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you can provide me with an howto what the intensions are of how this program is intended to be used i will gladly look at it and see if for my purposes it will do what I want. Please dont refer to the help file it dont help me.

But i do not think you are aware what wilife cameras are worth out of youre area of expertise,so please refrain from an opinion regarding the market place for those cameras where I live.
Thank you
Common sense (which you lack)...a VMS is to be run 24/7...you just dont know what you are doing. Help file doesnt help you because you didnt read it...finally dont tell me what to do on my own forum.