Blue Iris and Control4

MBOTT

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully set up Control4 to change the profiles in Blue Iris through programs? I've tried unsuccessfully with MQTT in C4 so far.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the problem lie with C4 sending out the MQTT commands, or with BI acting properly on incoming MQTT commands?

I don't use C4 for my automation system and I don't change BI profiles using MQTT, so I'm not exactly an expert on the topic. But that would be the first thing I would figure out to understand where the problem arises. You can use an MQTT client to conduct these tests and monitor the MQTT traffic to see which end the problem lies.

MBOTT

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the problem lie with C4 sending out the MQTT commands, or with BI acting properly on incoming MQTT commands?

I don't use C4 for my automation system and I don't change BI profiles using MQTT, so I'm not exactly an expert on the topic. But that would be the first thing I would figure out to understand where the problem arises. You can use an MQTT client to conduct these tests and monitor the MQTT traffic to see which end the problem lies.
The issue isn't with BI. It's with C4. Can't get the Berto plugins to work as they should. The messages never get from C4 to MQTT. They do however work from CMD prompt to MQTT, which successfully trigger BI.