Blue Iris Android mobile app update

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Version 2.0.66 - October 13, 2019
- Android 10 Navigation Bar Fix
- Notification Volume Bug Fix (users may have to reinstall)
- Updated Server Selection Size
- Art Update

Steven4x4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is an issue with Full Screen Mode.
I've reported it to the support email.
Both on Phone and Tablets (Android 9 and Android 6).

When you enter full screen mode for all cameras, there is a gray bar that remains at the top of the screen (The size of the menu bar).
On my Android 6 Tablet, the same issue exists, but it also brings up the 3 button native android control bar.

Had to revert back to 2.0.65.

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
App crashes on startup on two of my Tablets. Reported to support. How do I revert back to previous version?

Steven4x4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Disable Auto-Updates for that app or all apps.
Uninstall the current version. (Likely removes all your settings and servers).
Install the older version.
Or just use the UI3 in the mean time (doing that on my tablet).
if you need it.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Still white screen for previews on alert. I guess it is my phone even though others have reported this issue. :(

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That worked, Steven. Thanks a lot.

I've purchased it already from Google Play store, I'm not going to purchase it again from Amazon.

HackAzz

n3wb
Reaction score
After the 2.0.66 update, I am still having a delay of about 7 secs. when connecting to my camera's, on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ that is running on Android 9, but on my iPad Pro 10.1 running iOS 13 it is fast when connecting to all my 9 cams at all times, but sometimes there is no sound and then the video is flickering until there is sound again! (I have reported this issue months ago) Only if I clear all alerts and log files, my android is showing all the camera's fast without delay on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ but after a few times it is connecting slow again. I have reported this issue for a couple of years ago, and there is still no fix. This occurs on 4G and Wi-Fi. Please BI team this is getting pretty annoying, help me and fix the bugs please.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After the 2.0.66 update, I am still having a delay of about 7 secs. when connecting to my camera's, on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ that is running on Android 9, but on my iPad Pro 10.1 running iOS 13 it is fast when connecting to all my 9 cams at all times! Only if I clear all alerts and log files, my android is showing all the camera's fast without delay on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ but after a few times it is connecting slow again. I have reported this issue for a couple of years ago, and there is still no fix. This occurs on 4G and Wi-Fi. Please BI team this is getting pretty annoying, help me and fix this bug please.
You are getting "pretty annoying". There is no BI, "team". BI is developed by one person and he likely farms out the android app. The issue you have is your own. There is NO issues with a seven second delay in the android app. Likely something with your router/pc firewall or your phone. Think logically! Dont you think folks would be complaining about it if this was ongoing for "a couple of years" as you allege? There is no fix because there is no problem with the app. The problem is YOU!

HackAzz

n3wb
Reaction score
You are getting "pretty annoying". There is no BI, "team". BI is developed by one person and he likely farms out the android app. The issue you have is your own. There is NO issues with a seven second delay in the android app. Likely something with your router/pc firewall or your phone. Think logically! Dont you think folks would be complaining about it if this was ongoing for "a couple of years" as you allege? There is no fix because there is no problem with the app. The problem is YOU!
Is that al YOU! have to say? OMG Dude! I was being polite and not being personal! And sorry if I pissed you off! Probably the wrong forum..

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is that al YOU! have to say? OMG Dude! I was being polite and not being personal! And sorry if I pissed you off! Probably the wrong forum..
you were being polite but calling others annoying when you don't know what the hell you're doing? You claim to have a problem for 3 years I still believe it's the app and not you? Yes you're on the wrong forum, idiots are not allowed.

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HackAzz, try changing the LAN and WAN Encoder profiles in the App Settings. Perhaps trying a lower bit rate might help. I know on some of my older tablets I use CBR 256 kbps, but on my Note 8 I use CBR 768 kbps.

jkthomas3480

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I too have the same problem. I have a Galaxy S10 Plus and when I get a motion alert notification I click on it which in turn loads the BI app. It takes a long time to load the clip that I received the notification about. Sometimes it won't even load the clip, I have to go to the alerts list and then open it from there. However, it could very well be an issue with my modem or the way I have things set up. Either way I could care less. Blue Iris is an amazing tool for a price that just can't be beat. I can deal with the delay whether it is my fault or something going on in the app with certain phones.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I too have the same problem. I have a Galaxy S10 Plus and when I get a motion alert notification I click on it which in turn loads the BI app. It takes a long time to load the clip that I received the notification about. Sometimes it won't even load the clip, I have to go to the alerts list and then open it from there. However, it could very well be an issue with my modem or the way I have things set up. Either way I could care less. Blue Iris is an amazing tool for a price that just can't be beat. I can deal with the delay whether it is my fault or something going on in the app with certain phones.
Check your router particularly Asus if you are using port forwarding and have DDOS protection enabled disable it and consider using a VPN.

jkthomas3480

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check your router particularly Asus if you are using port forwarding and have DDOS protection enabled disable it and consider using a VPN.
Right after I added my comment I noticed the post by plomaris regarding WAN and LAN encoder profiles. I set mine to CBR 1024 kbps and did a test trigger. Notification popped up, I clicked on it and it opened instantly. There is also no more delay when just opening a camera. I love this forum. It has helped me many times! :D

jkthomas3480

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HackAzz, try changing the LAN and WAN Encoder profiles in the App Settings. Perhaps trying a lower bit rate might help. I know on some of my older tablets I use CBR 256 kbps, but on my Note 8 I use CBR 768 kbps.
Thank you! This definitely solved the delay I was having.

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you enter full screen mode for all cameras, there is a gray bar that remains at the top of the screen (The size of the menu bar).
On my Android 6 Tablet, the same issue exists, but it also brings up the 3 button native android control bar.
The latest BI android app, 2.0.67, fixes this issue.

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had never paid much mind to the encoder profiles, but this post made me go to Web Server/Advanced and set all three profiles to test it out. over 2 years with BI and still learning. Thank you!

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
With the latest update the top of all the log pages is hidden / missing on the android version. Anyone else finding this?

Last edited: