Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you see this video export the timestamp overlay gets exported correctly. But the weather info is from the time of the export not of the recording. Does that sound right? Just double checking.
This is correct.
See this thread

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would it be possible to add a memory watchdog that would restart BI (service) if the allocated memory exceeds a limit?
It happened to me several times that BI service leaked and it killed other applications on the server.

Steve1

n3wb
Reaction score
Just installed Blue Iris Tools. Using latest version of Blue Iris V5. Your tool doesn't work for getting/displaying the cpu % used. Not that BI now shows the cpu usage at the bottom right of their screen. However, it it nice to be able to put all of the BIT information on a screen.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just installed Blue Iris Tools. Using latest version of Blue Iris V5. Your tool doesn't work for getting/displaying the cpu % used. Not that BI now shows the cpu usage at the bottom right of their screen. However, it it nice to be able to put all of the BIT information on a screen.
It does, but you have to enable it, enable push notifications, set up an account in Push and then add the CPU to one of the macros and then add it to the overlay.

car1.jpg

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure it does. In the Weather Overlay tab, press the Macros button, then click which # you want your macro to be, then click CPU Usage. You must have the CPU watchdog enabled in the Watchdog tab.

1578081073319.png

EMC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing issues with connecting to their wunderground weather stations? Mine has been unable to connect since this morning and changing stations has no effect. Is it possible something in the wunderground API changed?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing issues with connecting to their wunderground weather stations? Mine has been unable to connect since this morning and changing stations has no effect. Is it possible something in the wunderground API changed?
Wunderground is flaky as all get out. I'd give it 24hrs and see if it comes back.

Reaction score
No connection either. Says check internet connection or station ID. Internet working. Can’t change weather station. Thanks.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yep, no WU here either. Thanks Weather Channel/IBM, WU was a great site at one time...

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Disappointing, we're getting the first big whammy of a storm this winter, would be nice to have it available. Odd I can get to it via browser, just not via API.

Alan_F

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hope it's not down for good. Weren't they planning to remove API access to Wunderground last year?

Noticed a typo in the app due to the API outage. It shows "retrynig in #"
BITretry.PNG

XativaDavid

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
As far as I can see, it fell over for me (in Spain) at about 1740GMT yesterday. The Davis is still reporting normally, it's just the BIT/API that's gone.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My last weather overlay report was 12:38pm EST on 1/7/2020. Hasn't worked since in BIT.

pupsik22

n3wb
Reaction score
Just found this "End of Service for the Weather Underground API" announcement updated 2 days ago ;-( not happy about it. Any ideas how we can display our own API's in BI?