Blue Iris UI3

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hm, almost seems like an oversight by the BI team. Is it something we could request?
Anyway, thanks for the reply. It's really awesome having a programmer that the end users have direct contact with. Rare indeed.

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lately, I've noticed that if I have UI3 open in Chrome and open another window full screen on the same monitor, UI3 video/audio will stop playing in the background and alerts don't trigger, etc. When switching back to UI3, I can see it reloading. However, opening youtube in chrome and placing another window full screen doesn't interrupt the youtube video. Is this a behavior of UI3?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hm, almost seems like an oversight by the BI team. Is it something we could request?
You could certainly try.

Lately, I've noticed that if I have UI3 open in Chrome and open another window full screen on the same monitor, UI3 video/audio will stop playing in the background and alerts don't trigger, etc. When switching back to UI3, I can see it reloading. However, opening youtube in chrome and placing another window full screen doesn't interrupt the youtube video. Is this a behavior of UI3?
UI3 does cease video streaming when the browser tab's state changes to inactive/hidden. I've only seen that happen when minimizing the browser window, or when a different tab is active in the same browser window that UI3 is in. Not when another window is made full-screen. Anyway, the video, audio, and event cues are all part of the same stream, so they all stop when the video stream stops.

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UI3 does cease video streaming when the browser tab's state changes to inactive/hidden. I've only seen that happen when minimizing the browser window, or when a different tab is active in the same browser window that UI3 is in. Not when another window is made full-screen. Anyway, the video, audio, and event cues are all part of the same stream, so they all stop when the video stream stops.
Seems like overriding documentIsHidden() does allow it to keep playing in the background. So guess its just getting marked as inactive/hidden. I can just override the function as a workaround.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like overriding documentIsHidden() does allow it to keep playing in the background. So guess its just getting marked as inactive/hidden. I can just override the function as a workaround.
Hmm. Just in case you were not aware: UI3 Help

A long time ago I decided I didn't want to add a setting to control this behavior, but I think I made that decision back when H.264 decoding was only done in JavaScript, making it very CPU intensive. And event-triggered sounds weren't a thing, either. Now that things have changed, I think it is probably time to add that setting!

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bp2008 Is there a way to set Specific Cams (not all) to have a motion trigger sound? I have all my cams record on motion but I only want the exterior cams to alerts me via audio.

thx for making a great UI

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This is fixed now, thank you
I noticed that too! Unfortunately it looks like it takes more CPU time now for BI to produce group streams. I tested the previous and new BI versions, and while the new one is certainly capable of higher frame rates, if I limit it to frame rates the old one achieved, CPU usage is still noticeably higher, like 5-10% higher even.

@bp2008 Is there a way to set Specific Cams (not all) to have a motion trigger sound? I have all my cams record on motion but I only want the exterior cams to alerts me via audio.

thx for making a great UI
The only way to control this would be to view a camera group that only has your exterior cams.

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bp2008 sorry for not being clear. I know how to create groups. Here's the goal: Keep the screen on (UI3) full time, and get an Audio Alert, in UI3 / browser, when the camera/group detects motion.

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've actually noticed that I get audio alerts for cameras outside of the current group that is selected when using the Camera Triggered audio.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it was only for the cams currently on-screen, but what @morrisky said suggests otherwise. I don't control that condition in UI3. UI3 just plays the sound when Blue Iris says to.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. I suppose it is good to wait right now.

I hope it is fixed soon.