Blue Iris Update Helper (BiUpdateHelper)

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Daily backup of settings (Windows Registry), yes. In addition to the daily registry backup, it should also be doing a backup the moment it sees an update trying to install. The backups all appear as .7z files in your BiUpdateHelper folder > RegistryBackups > [other subfolder named for the backup type]. The path is configurable via the service settings in case you wanted to put it somewhere like a dropbox synced folder so you get automatic offsite backups. Thanks to the compression, the backups take up extremely little space so there is no automatic pruning function.

The other thing which this tool backs up is the update installer files so that you can easily revert to a previous version if you want. This is a less important feature now that IPCamTalk keeps an archive of Blue Iris update files but still it is nice to have local copies of the update installers on your own system.
What about the camera settings and configs? Mine is looking in the program files directory from looking at the logs but that does not exist as I installed is elsewhere.
Does the windows registry contain all of the camera configs etc?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What about the camera settings and configs? Mine is looking in the program files directory from looking at the logs but that does not exist as I installed is elsewhere.
Does the windows registry contain all of the camera configs etc?
Yes, basically everything you can configure in Blue Iris's local console application is saved in the windows registry and backed up by this tool.

I do not have Blue Iris installed in Program Files either.