Blue Iris Version 5 is right around the corner!

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Been running solid for me, but still get "Trouble Connecting" when trying to connect to a remote that I have configured. I assume, not all the components are not installed or the remote BI will also need to be 5.0....which I am not going to try yet. Like the looks of the GUI though.

dmiller

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any sign that H265 works? It is weird how poor H265 support is in the windows world. In Apple land H265 has worked great for years on identical intel hardware.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any sign that H265 works? It is weird how poor H265 support is in the windows world. In Apple land H265 has worked great for years on identical intel hardware.
H265 has work with blue iris no problem for years. The only thing that hasn't worked is hardware acceleration.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sweet, I am now version 5 eligible! I'm a bit ashamed I had not renewed my support sooner. I agree with the idea of contributing to the sole developer but you know how it goes sometimes.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno, you'd have to ask the developer probably. If rtmp vs rtmps is as simple of a change as http vs https then it shouldn't be a big deal to support.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Do you think this new version will allow you to define an area of interest on a recorded clip during playback, and then generate bookmarks anytime activity in that area is found in the clip? I don't recall which NVR I saw that had this feature but it was pretty slick. It allows you filter your clip AFTER it was recorded, and create thumbnails/bookmarks for time codes where the defined area sees activity.

It would really cut down on reviewing tons of video when you're really only interested in a small portion of the screen. I realize you can do this with target zones BEFORE you record, but it'd be neat to do it retroactively - especially on continuous recordings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think this new version will allow you to define an area of interest on a recorded clip during playback, and then generate bookmarks anytime activity in that area is found in the clip? I don't recall which NVR I saw that had this feature but it was pretty slick. It allows you filter your clip AFTER it was recorded, and create thumbnails/bookmarks for time codes where the defined area sees activity.

It would really cut down on reviewing tons of video when you're really only interested in a small portion of the screen. I realize you can do this with target zones BEFORE you record, but it'd be neat to do it retroactively - especially on continuous recordings.
I would be anyone's guess. You are best off asking for that function.
In the meantime, you can scrub the timeline which is really fast and efficient for finding activity.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have to change my cameras - they're all set to record in 24 hour clips. I like having just one clip per day, but that means the scrub line is so compressed, that moving it just the width of a pixel is moving several minutes. I think I'm going back to the default 8 hours.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to change my cameras - they're all set to record in 24 hour clips. I like having just one clip per day, but that means the scrub line is so compressed, that moving it just the width of a pixel is moving several minutes. I think I'm going back to the default 8 hours.
The length of the clip should not matter. There is a slider to the right of the timeline to adjust the timeline zoom.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The length of the clip should not matter. There is a slider to the right of the timeline to adjust the timeline zoom.
Yes, but unfortunately, I can't really use the BI console for daily driving/reviewing. It's a headless PC in a closet. The only access I have is with VNC/Teamviewer, and the latency (even on the the LAN) makes scrubbing too jerky. I rely on UI3 - which is good when the clips aren't so long.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, but unfortunately, I can't really use the BI console for daily driving/reviewing. It's a headless PC in a closet. The only access I have is with VNC/Teamviewer, and the latency (even on the the LAN) makes scrubbing too jerky. I rely on UI3 - which is good when the clips aren't so long.
try windows rdp.
Set remote viewing to unrestricted on the options/camera page.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also note that v5 will allow remote control of another BI instance so you should be able to use the timeline from a remote pc. We shall see.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Download Version Blue iris Beta 5.0.0.24 x64 //blueirissoftware.com/50/update64.exe

------------------------------------
Paytvcard Domotique It,Intégration domotique, satellite, home cinema, système de securité

installation pour : Privé, Bar, Hôtel, Restaurant sonorisation, tv, salle conference

ptvc.ch
I tried that link, which is only 23ish mb and I think just an update vs the full install. It wouldn't install on my win10 system. And then my bi4 wouldn't load until I installed the latest bi4 update to fix that this file botched.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried that link, which is only 23ish mb and I think just an update vs the full install. It wouldn't install on my win10 system. And then my bi4 wouldn't load until I installed the latest bi4 update to fix that this file botched.
It's not botched, you just need to install the latest visual studio runtime packages from Microsoft... So it would be foolish to run it right now on a system you are using.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I see now that when I try to connect to a remote installation of BI, the error now states 4.8.6.3 is not supported. So it appears you will need BI 5 on both ends for it to work. I figured it would be this way, but this confirms it.

Annotation 2019-05-14 114235.jpg