Buck wandering in my suburban backyard, found an apple I had tossed out earlier

ems

n3wb
Reaction score
View attachment IMG_2764.m4v

Taken with an Amcrest IP2M-853EW at close to it's optical zoom range, about 50' from the camera I'd guess?

Since I've added a couple of fixed cameras to watch the doors at the back of the house I tend to use this camera to zoom out to the edge of the yard where I keep a bird feeder -- usually I just spot angry squirrels trying to climb the feeder pole, but occasionally it'll be something more interesting.

This area is a ~150' wide stretch of 'wilderness' that runs about a half mile or two between two neighborhoods. The deer use it as a path between two larger forested areas. When we see deer it's usually see just doe and fawn in groups of 3-5 at the edge of our yard here, but earlier this day I had tossed an apple back there that my son was using as a bouncing ball on the kitchen floor -- I guess the dented fruit was too tempting for this buck to resist and he ventured into the yard.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So cool! I just picked up an IP2M-853EW from Amazon. Arrived yesterday and I have it setup in my kitchen to play with until I finalize where I want it on the front of the house. So far I am pleased with it's zoom and the responsiveness of the PTZ!