Camera not working

Danboy24

n3wb
Reaction score
Hopefully a simple fix. My camera was working fine until I had to reboot my router and rearrange all my ethernet cables. After this I could still see the image in IVMS-4200 but it was jerky, refreshing every 2-5 seconds. I went into the camera configuration menu and rebooted the camera. The image came back but it was still the same. So I then took the next option which was something like reset parameters (can't remember the wording exactly). Now I can't see anything. The error message is 'failed to log onto device'. If I go into Device Management I can see the camera is off line, so how can i turn it back on?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My camera
What camera?
So I then took the next option which was something like reset parameters (can't remember the wording exactly). Now I can't see anything. The error message is 'failed to log onto device'.
You have reset the device to default settings, it seems.
Sounds like like you need to either 'Activate' the (unspecified) camera, or use the default password if the (unspecified) firmware is old enough to have defaults.

Danboy24

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks AS

I guess the question is how do I reset it to default permissions or re-activate it if the software is saying the device doesn't exist?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess the question is how do I reset it to default permissions or re-activate it if the software is saying the device doesn't exist?
The camera web GUI has a reset to defaults option in the Maintenance menu.
Check the camera IP address using SADP. SADP Tool

If the IP address is still in the range as used by your LAN, double-click the camera IP address in the SADP window.