Cameras lock up upon motion

outdoorman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a 20 camera setup that has been running well for the past couple years, until last week. Now the issue is that camera feeds through the GUI will lock up upon motion. Also, periodically they drop connection and reconnect. I looked through to make sure my settings were good and tried to follow the wiki so it would correct any issues. Motion stutters and images freeze when they detect motion.

How do I go about troubleshooting the issue?

One thing I noticed in the messages status was a Object NVDEC and Message Setup failed: 483 for 'h264"

Last edited:

outdoorman

n3wb
Reaction score
RAM seems to be running away, so must have a memory leak. Running Intel Xeon CPU E3-1230 v5 @3.40 GHz. Going to try and fix it with a different driver.

Last edited:

outdoorman

n3wb
Reaction score
The Skylake driver said my computer does not meet the requirements. Which driver should I be grabbing?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Get your system running Turn off the hardware acceleration on bi, you do not need a driver to run like that.

You will not get much driver help as there are not many Xeon CPUs running bi. Also a lot of Xeon processors do not support graphics acceleration.

Dbirkett

n3wb
Reaction score
Your CPU doesn't support QuickSync video, so that driver won't do anything for you. If you're using a NVidia card for acceleration (sounds like you are because you have errors for nvdec), I would look into setting it to TCC (Tesla Compute Cluster) mode instead of WDDM. TCC mode is only available on quadro and tesla cards, not GTX gaming cards. If the NVidia driver crashes, blueiris will start consuming ram until your system crashes (or at least it did on mine).