Carelessness cost me...I got hit...

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was careless with a false sense of security. Bright LED light. Practically next door to a gun shop (don't all the neighbors own a gun?) Never been targeted. But, this jerk got me. This is the full length video from when he first appears to when he took off.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Ouch. This is my worst fear, being in security, getting robbed, and can't do shit about it. Looks like he got a laptop and some other fun stuff, hopefully no guns. We have a customer up in East Providence and have been seeing these kids cruising the neighborhood early in the mornings. Good luck catching him

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ouch. This is my worst fear, being in security, getting robbed, and can't do shit about it. Looks like he got a laptop and some other fun stuff, hopefully no guns. We have a customer up in East Providence and have been seeing these kids cruising the neighborhood early in the mornings. Good luck catching him
No guns. Laptop and Tablet. Our neighborhood was quiet.

I wasn't sure what was up with the Thumbnail. Youtube picked some random image. I have since fixed.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
It seems youtube is doing that on a lot of videos. It kinda makes you not wanna click on them. Your cameras are probably some of the best night shots that I've seen or comparable to the best night shots.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very sorry about this car invasion. Hopefully you apprehend this gent and bring him to justice.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, on scene for almost 4 minutes....cockroach. I hate thieves.

Was the truck locked?

Last edited:

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems youtube is doing that on a lot of videos. It kinda makes you not wanna click on them. Your cameras are probably some of the best night shots that I've seen or comparable to the best night shots.
Dahua Starlights. I do have an LED driveway light, too, on the truck side. That is why the other side goes into night mode, but I have the IR turned off. Truck side goes into night mode intermittently (again, no IR), depending on weather conditions.

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also, the non-YouTube version is much clearer (as most of you are aware). I can't even see the guy too well on the time lapse from the dash cam.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tough love moment, You put up lights and cams, but don't lock the doors or take valuables out of the truck? ;)

I owned a biz for 27 years, and one thing I learned quickly, lock the doors every time you exit the car. I regularly had customers coming and complaining that someone had stole stuff out of their car while in our parking lot. Including car batteries. This was in a "safe" small town.
A few cars also stolen, because of keys left in the ignition.

Doors locked? No.
Windows rolled up? No.

I don't know if it's still the same, but once upon a time insurance would deny your claim if there was no signs of forced entry.

Watch some of these:
Active Self Protection

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Car door checkers is quite common in our neighborhood. So far they do not come near my house maybe because of the lights and cameras. Just try and remember to lock your car doors.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your stuff man. Hate thieves - had to grow up around them and they literally have no meaningful consequences. I kept sayin' they should take thieves fingers off for each item stolen. Permanently marked and they were already completely useless to society anyway. Too much? I think not.

stevejay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Young male.
On foot in a residential neighborhood.
4 a.m.
Hoodie.
Backpack.
His intentions couldn't be more clear.
He might as well have a glow-in-the-dark sign on his back (pack): "I'm out here stealing stuff."
Private security in a gated community would take that guy down at first glance. City cops just let it go.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most neighborhoods don't have gates or guards. Calling the cops immediately and telling them a door checker is working your street... you probably won't get a quick response. So what do you do? Certainly nothing kinetic right? You stay in your house and take measures SHORT of physical response?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Most neighborhoods don't have gates or guards. Calling the cops immediately and telling them a door checker is working your street... you probably won't get a quick response. So what do you do? Certainly nothing kinetic right? You stay in your house and take measures SHORT of physical response?
if you tell them you are going out to confront the guy (even if you dont intend to) and ask them to send ems, they will come quickly...sometimes you need to game the system to get what you need.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, that sounds like it may be helpful. Just want to make sure that the homeowner doesn't leave the security of his/her house. In the US it's best to allow the suspects to commit their crimes without the homeowner taking personal kinetic action.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best for the homeowner to do non-kinetic actions like call police, flash lights at the suspect, yell at the suspect from the protection of his house, wave arms through the window, etc. Anything but putting on shorts, teeshirt and sneakers and physically going out there and throttling the suspect.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Betting to throw $ at possible solutions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that sounds like it may be helpful. Just want to make sure that the homeowner doesn't leave the security of his/her house. In the US it's best to allow the suspects to commit their crimes without the homeowner taking personal kinetic action.
That kind of attitude is why they keep doing it....