Cat6, Fiber optics, or wireless bridge to shed

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The vibratory plow "puller" is basically a knife blade with a sling attached for holding pipe or wire. Lower blade into ground, vibrate the blade, and drive slow. Pipe gets dragged underground behind the blade.
Damage to ground is really dependent on soil conditions and pulling depth. Roots are worse than rocks. Ideal conditions and you barely can see the line.

I have been using a puller with PVC pipe for over 35 years. My machine is a ditch witch 350SX. 1980's vintage. In ideal soil conditions I can pull 2" pvc pipe, 2 feet down. 100 feet of distance is nothing.

I generally run a thinner wall PVC pipe than sch 40 for irrigation lines but the puller doesn't care what pipe I pull. You glue whatever length you need together above ground be it 40 feet or 900 feet.
Give the glue a few minutes to set up, then start pulling. MUST use pipe with built in couplings. The sockets are much longer vs stand alone couplings, plus there is only 1 glue joint per connection.

I've been busy lately so I still haven't pulled the line to my shed, I'll get a video when I do. Maybe this weekend.

As for that funky PVC tri elbow fitting. It's definitely a low demand, "specialty" fitting. In over 35 years installing PVC pipe and fittings I've never used one.
Thanks! That's great info. Yes, please post video when you do this!

Nolesfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm certainly not against running fiber optic. Where is a good place to buy a loose tube cable?
I'm not sure of the exact measurement but gonna be close to 200

Search amazon. Lc to lc om3 200' armored is about $100 preterminated

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They've been around forever.
Early 70's we open trenched everything - Owned a few ditch witch J20 trenchers - Still have 1 -1970 vintage

1st pullers we had where probably late 70's early 80's - ditch witch V252 - Still have and run 1 - my current puller is late 80's early 90's vintage ditch witch 350 sx -- engine rebuilt once, machine welded and reinforced, pins and bushings a few times.

They just don't make them like they used to. Those machines take a beating and just keep on chugging along. I don't want a new one with all the epa stuff going on.