Dahua dvr push notifications

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting push notifications for video of motion events in gdmss+ on my Android tablet. Anyone have this working? Any settings I may be missing? Anyone care to detail the settings in the Dvr? Probably the same for nvr.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Aren''t those settings in the APP itself shock?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh gdmss got a recent update and fixed push. Now I gotta bug the place that I bought the app from. I sent the 5 bucks for their rebadged version of gdmss. I want them to badge their updated version of the damn thing so I don't have to spend another 5 bucks for it. Good grief. They better do it quickly.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why not just download the free version of gdmss in the play store?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
The free version doesn't include playback and push notifications. Two of the most useful features of gdmss. If you haven't yet, pay the 5 bucks for the plus version. Playback and push are very slick and your customers would love it too.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use the IDMSS plus for my iphone. I did not realize the free version does not allow push. I knew the free version does not playback and I do like the playback feature. So far though, I'm not
a huge fan of the new app. PTZ controls has lost the arrows to move the camera around, you must use swipe. I keep forgetting to throw a camera in the garbage if I don't want to view it any longer. If you bring up one camera full screen, it disconnects the other cameras so when you go to the other camera, it takes a few seconds to show up. The old app did not do that.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Huh. Okay so your using idmss. Yeah that doesn't sound like a good update. Is it a sizing issue with the ptz controls? I know on my LG tablet I can't use the HD version because the ptz controller and a couple menus don't display properly - too small. I think I'm gonna spring for gdmss+ because I don't want to wait.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's not a sizing issue. They removed the arrows and only allow you to swipe the screen. I'm gonna send Dahua an email and complain. Maybe the next update, they'll throw it back in.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I just bought gdmss+. Flawless on my tablet. Thank goodness, and amazing! I didn't realize the new app has up 4-16 window split. So much control now. Push works perfectly. I get motion on my front door, and a push notification comes in with a video clip. Freaking great. Ptz controls are slightly different in that you choose which set of controls you want and those controls appear on the channel. E-ptz is a nice addition. It also supports nvr perfectly as well. As far as Android, they nailed it. At least one gadget in my life works :D

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shock, do you see the left right up down arrows to move a PTZ around or do you just swipe the screen? The EPTZ was always there on the iphone even on the old app, but it wasn't on Android.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll look when I get home, but I think there are no left/right arrows, but there are up/down ones. From memory, the ptz controls that are available as buttons are up/down, zoom in/out, focus +/-, and iris +/-. Not sure why the heck they would leave out left/right buttons. I prefer to pan with buttons as well. Finger swipe is ok but it's not as precise. I'll check later to confirm.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
There are no up/down or left/right buttons at all. That is all swipe now. Only buttons for zoom, focus, iris. And of course presets and e-ptz. Finger pinch zoom in /out is not supported. The app is so much better now overall that I'm not that put off by the ptz controls. I almost feel like I'm at the Dvr, there's so much control. Awesome. Now they have to bring wdmss+ up a couple more notches and my Windows phone will be all set too. But this is part of why I prefer dahua overall. They mostly have their shit together with hardware and software. Remote software for me is a huge part of how I use my system on a daily basis. Tablet and phone especially. PSS too. All of that is well done, imo.

2014-03-24-06-02-37.png

Last edited:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As far as the app, that is my major issue. I want those controls back. I have a really old version of idmss still on my phone that still has the ptz control arrows, so it looks like I'll be using that one. I love that you can change passwords, check hdd info, set motion recording, and view up to 16 cameras now. They definitely put alot of thought into this update.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah they did. I was actually using HD for a while because even though ptz controls had a sizing issue, it opened up live video streaming automatically each time you open the app. None of the other ones do that. But I don't really move my ptz much in the app. I set the camera up to do a lot automatically, so it's always looking at what I want to see. I move it the most manually in pss. Btw, live playback is amazing too. I always wished that could be done remotely. I wish pss could do it.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm just the opposite, I'm constantly moving my PTZ's via mobile phone because I demo my PTZ's to potential customers. It's really annoying now cause if I'm showing off a PTZ, it's not exactly perfect, especially if cell service is slow.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh right, yeah I understand that. Surely you have it set to substream to help. And maybe if you're at a client you can hop on their wifi. Clients might find swipe more 'cool' than arrows, but I understand where you're coming from for demoing.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, I have the sub stream set to D1, 7fps, and 640kbps. If I chose cif, it will be more responsive, but I love the clarity of D1 on a cell phone!

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Try nudging up the fps. That might help the accuracy a bit with swipe. When you're out and about, see what you can get away with. I have my sub stream for the ptz at cif 12fps @ 512, but I have no choice in a dvr- D1 sub stream isn't available. But try more fps- it might be more fluid. If not, shoot down to cif. On a phone, it looks great regardless.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can see a huge difference between D1 and cif. Your average person will be impressed with cif on a mobile device, but D1 is just perfect. I keep the fps and bit rate as low as possible so I get a faster response to the PTZ. I'm not really complaining about response, I just like the arrows better than the swipe. Although, as you have mentioned, when people see that, they think it's super cool.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I hear you, D1 sub does look a might better to me as well. And I hope they bring the arrows back too.