Dahua HAC-HDW2802T-A or HDW4631C-A

aj1soad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've got a Dahua setup in my dad's house with 6mp hdw4631c. Been thinking about getting the same setup in my house but I've seen some 4k Dahua cameras for a similar price on Amazon. I don't understand how the 4k ones are the same price as the 6mp or am I missing something? Which ones would I be best going for outdoor use. I have also tried the Dahua 10 times zoom but it had to much IR lights on it which attracted to much spiders

eric botts

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

aj1soad

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got some street lighting in front of the house so not sure if you'd still class that as low light. I find the picture on the 6mp quite good though. I did try to upload some now but wouldn't let me . I'll look into those newer models.

Scott Ritchey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I mounted a Reolink RLC-420 and Dahua HDW4631C-A, HDW2231T-ZS, and a HDW5442TM-AS cameras side by side to compare them. The Dahuas had default settings. They all worked well in daylight but the 4,5, and 6 MP cams showed better detail if I zoomed in (digitally) on the image (as expected). But even in daylight, the 4631 image was "noisy" when viewed zoomed in. Not so for the other three.
But the night IR images were very different. The two Dahua starlights (5442 and 2231) had sharp, crisp IR images. limited only by pixel resolution. The Reolink and 4631C-A images were clearly inferior: "muddy" and blurry. To my eye, the 4631C-A was the worst of the lot. The following images are Blue Iris snapshots. The storm door at the far end of the porch is about 30 ft away.

Attachments