DAHUA HDW4631EMP Timelapse Videos

PanterA

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's a few timelapse videos I have done with one of my DAHUA DH-IPC-HDW4631EMP-ASE 6mp IP CCTV Camera's

Cheers.

PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than All

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's a few timelapse videos I have done with one of my DAHUA DH-IPC-HDW4631EMP-ASE 6mp IP CCTV Camera's
what program did you use to create these timelapse videos?

PanterA

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used the ftp server that Dahua recommends on the Wiki. (Cute FTP)
I have tried others, but not much success.
https://dahuawiki.com/FTP/FTP_Setup_Core_FTP_Server
https://dahuawiki.com/FTP/FTP_Snapshot_Setup
Also have the IP camera plugged directly in to the PoE switch, as I have a VIP Vision NVR (Dahua re-branded) and can't seem to get it to ftp to the server from the NVR.
BTW the way it uploads the images to the FTP is a pain, I use Bulk Rename Utility (free) to rename the files from 0001-XXXX in chronological order from all the sub directories automatically.
If you need help with that, let me know, and I can show you a screenshot of the settings.
I then open 0001.jpg in Magix Vegas and tell it to open sequence, then set the frame rate I want it to play back as.
Hope this helps.

Here's a new one I made this morning: (recommend playing it in 1440p quality, as YouTube's compression or quality at the moment is terrible!! The native file looks great, no bad banding etc at night)

PanterA

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's a screenshot of all my settings, hopefully this helps people :)

Cheers.
Matt

Attachments

cage123au

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Matt, great TL videos, they are mesmerisin....So, I was wondering, could you attach a pic of hoe the Dahua is mounted on your roof. It looks quite low to the roof, but that could be deceiving. I'm just really curious. Thanks in advance.

PanterA

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Matt, great TL videos, they are mesmerisin....So, I was wondering, could you attach a pic of hoe the Dahua is mounted on your roof. It looks quite low to the roof, but that could be deceiving. I'm just really curious. Thanks in advance.
Thanks mate!!
Yeah you are right, at the moment, it is just sitting on the roof, with a sheet of lead over it to keep it in place.
You've given me some ideas. Especially with all this time stuck at home at the moment, might weld up some sort of tripod type frame that can sit on the peak.
Will take a pic of how it is sitting at the moment just for laughs :)
(and sorry it has taken me so long to look back at this thread!!)

Matt

The sun is right behind the camera at the moment, but should give you a rough idea of it lol

Attachments

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Vid #4 in the original post, 0:58-1:00 upper right half of the night sky.. Looks like it captured the ISS or other bright satellite zipping by.

Very cool vids, thanks.

cage123au

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks mate!!
Yeah you are right, at the moment, it is just sitting on the roof, with a sheet of lead over it to keep it in place.
You've given me some ideas. Especially with all this time stuck at home at the moment, might weld up some sort of tripod type frame that can sit on the peak.
Will take a pic of how it is sitting at the moment just for laughs :)
(and sorry it has taken me so long to look back at this thread!!)

Matt

The sun is right behind the camera at the moment, but should give you a rough idea of it lol
Appreciate the image, CCTV positioning and cover not at all what I imagined. Gets the job done though, and well I might add. For some reason, I had it in my head this was a way larger and more expensive CCTV camera, go figure. Thanks again.

Reaction score
That's a terrific video.
And such a good way to finish it.
yeah-- the neighborhood kids all happily riding bikes after a long winter--- :)

While the snow helped, I had to brighten those images quite a bit. I was also limited by the amount of time compression allowed in the software (5x), so I had to finalize a video, then speed up That one to get that much time into 1 minute.

Here is a view from that camera from last night...

1588435414833.png