Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E-AS going offline constantly

isisyodin

n3wb
Reaction score
I have (4) IPC-HDBW4300E-AS, (2) IPC-HDW4300C and (1) IPC-HDW4431C-A. My TP LInk POE switch died and I replaced it with a Netgear GS116PP. Now, all my cameras come on and I can access each of their web configurations and get video just fine. After a few minutes though, I lose connectivity to all of them except IPC-HDW4431C-A which happens to be the last one I bought. I have disconnected all cameras, and even with one camera hooked up at a time to the POE switch, it will lose connectivity within 20 to 30 minutes. Again, the only one that stays on is the IPC-HDW4431C-A.
I have verified the firmware, and they all have the latest supported which I think is Andreia. I have tried keeping them behind my firewall and also allowed to connect to whatever Chinese server they want to connect to, but same thing. I did notice that the time server wouldn't work unless they were allowed to connect to the web. and some settings are never saved regardless if I press on save.
Is this planned obsolescence or are these cameras incompatible with newer POE switches? Is there a more detailed log? I have glanced at a Wireshark session, but I don't see anything that jumps out.

Should I try custom firmware?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With only 7 cameras on that POE switch at 183W there should not be a power problem. It is strange that one cameras, the same camera stays online. The cameras are 802.3AF ,
The switch is IEEE 802.3az it should be backward compatable to AF. I am not familiar with the AZ . but if it has a way to turn off the power saving option do so.

If you have another switch or AN injector test with that. I believe you have a switch problem with the older cameras.

I DO NOT BUY ANYTHING GREEN TO USE IN A SECURITY SYSTEM. IT WILL TURN OFF WHEN YOU NEED IT.

Last edited:

isisyodin

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. The switch is unmanaged but I will get in touch with Netgear to find out.

isisyodin

n3wb
Reaction score
I unmounted, did a hard reset, and plug the camera and using a 6ft cable. Same outcome. I am going to try a PoE injector to see if this will make a difference. On a Wireshark session, I see a couple of TCP retransmissions, but I haven't dug deeper.

isisyodin

n3wb
Reaction score
Latest update. Used an ip phone POE that is af compatible, and same behavior. I only got one TCP retransmission error in wireshark. The camera remains active for 10 minutes or so before going offline. I am ready to custom flash this thing... I think my old switch died on its way to its demise it took down these cameras. It is puzzling that they do come on for a little while before quitting.
Is there a custom flash for this model?