Dahua IVS Tuning

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask a question regarding the min/max intrusion box sizes.

1. When you draw the minimum or maximum size box is it the shape of the box or the area of the box that is used? Ex: If I draw a horizontal rectangle box the size of a dog does IVS specifically use the drawn shape? OR is it anything that will fit in the drawn box vertical, horizontal, or otherwise?

2. My cameras are mounted 12 feet high. And all view distance 12 through 800 feet. When drawing min/max intrusion box size do these sizes stay fixed or do they change depending on distance camera is viewing?

I am in hopes someone has further knowledge as this would be helpful in tuning IVS tracking behaviors.

Thankyou in advance.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was wondering if I am posting incorrectly? Or is there something I am missing?

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, thanks, Maybe Andy might have some insight?
I have been experimenting with multiple intrusion boxes per ptz preset in order to experiment and figure out if the IVS min/max size boxes are dynamic and change sizes automatically according to distance.
I should attempt a drawing explaining my thoughts?

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
The area "size" is used for a reference point, but don't put to much thought into it because it is not exact... As far as 12 to 800' , pick your optimum point of interest and draw your min / max.
I set mine about 60' out, nothing is going to auto track at 800' unless you have it zoomed in to a preset.
You just have to experiment around with it to find out what works best for each location...

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks all for the info, It looks like im going to have to find a way to speak with one of the devs and ask if the intrusion boxes are dynamic. I understand the need to experiment, however in order to begin to setup any camera properly everyone would need to know this answer before ever getting started.

The reason this is important, especially for IVS, is:
1. Do we use multiple intrusion areas per each PTZ Preset at different distances?
OR
2. If Intrusion boxes are DYNAMIC having multiple intrusion areas per each PTZ preset would NOT be necessary.

I woulndt think this would be to difficult to ask or find out from a Dahua Developer? The answer to this question would save thousands of hours of programing IVS rules.