Dahua microphone

tehplayer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Can someone help me figure out how to connect Dahua microphone HAP120 to my IP camera DAHUA IPC-HFW5442E-ZE-2712 ?
Is it even possible ? If so what do i need or how should i do it ?

Camera is connected via poe cat6 cable with Dahua switch DAHUA PFS4218-16ET-240-V3 .

Iam not an expert but so far i tried using this splitter. Unfortunatelly its not working , screen on camera is black.
I connected cable from poe switch to poe splitter and poe splitter to camera. Also connected "power cable" from microphone to poe splitter and "audio out" cable from microphone to "audio in" in camera.
20230830_144705.jpg20230830_144716.jpg20230830_144753.jpg

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,
Can someone help me figure out how to connect Dahua microphone HAP120 to my IP camera DAHUA IPC-HFW5442E-ZE-2712 ?
Is it even possible ? If so what do i need or how should i do it ?

Camera is connected via poe cat6 cable with Dahua switch DAHUA PFS4218-16ET-240-V3 .

Iam not an expert but so far i tried using this splitter. Unfortunatelly its not working , screen on camera is black.
I connected cable from poe switch to poe splitter and poe splitter to camera. Also connected "power cable" from microphone to poe splitter and "audio out" cable from microphone to "audio in" in camera.
View attachment 171168View attachment 171169View attachment 171170
Have you also change Audio setting on the camera from AudioIn Type from "Mic" to "LineIn"?

tehplayer

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you also change Audio setting on the camera from AudioIn Type from "Mic" to "LineIn"?
No i haven't.
Camera wasnt working properly ( no image ) so i unpluged everything back.
I know i have to change audio settings afterwards but first i need to figure out why camera gives no image after being connnected to splitter.
Could it be that splitter is somehow broken and does not send enough power to camera ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No i haven't.
Camera wasnt working properly ( no image ) so i unpluged everything back.
I know i have to change audio settings afterwards but first i need to figure out why camera gives no image after being connnected to splitter.
Could it be that splitter is somehow broken and does not send enough power to camera ?
You need a "Y cable" if you're going to power the cam with 12VDC using its 12VDC connector AND power the microphone also with 12VDC, as there is no POE output from the splitter's RJ-45 connector to power the cam via POE.....only data.

12VDc_CCTC_Y-cable.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tehplayer

n3wb
Reaction score
You need a "Y cable" if you're going to power the cam with 12VDC using its 12VDC connector AND power the microphone also with 12VDC, as there is no POE output from the splitter's RJ-45 connector to power the cam via POE.....only data.
thanks for answer,
already ordered this , hope its gonna work

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.