Dahua VTO2111D - WP & VTH5221D

GPop

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a newbie to this and I am having trouble getting my VTO to talk to the VTH

I have them powered by a POE switch and connected by the LAN only. I have configured the IP address and loaded them together so that I can stream the VTO from the VTH, but when I press the call button on the VTO it does not call the VTH.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Gareth

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not surprised! I had this professionally installed with two monitors. The installers (2 of em) took about 4 hours of mucking around with the software to get it to work! At one point, one of them gave up and returned on another day. They were very embarassed. :)

GPop

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, So after pulling my hair out and questioning everything I've ever been taught I managed to get it sussed.

Dahua for some products have the same product code but could come with / with out SIP firmware

In my case what I have is

VTO2111D-WP
VTH5221D-S1

I upgraded the VTO firmware using the dahua config tool. Factory reset both to restore the defaults and programmed it. The upgrade and reinstall took 30 mins tops. Just need to run the cabling externally now :)

I've attached the firmware if anyone is having the same issue.

Attachments

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice work!

Do you know whether the two identical monitors can call each other? (non video) Thanks!

Bob Hsu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a demonstration video from Dahua core engineer on setting up VTO/VTH new formware version V4.3 (SIP server version).
It is very simpe for me by IE or Firefox web brower now, just 1 minute. It took several hours for to set up VTP/VTH in the first time.
If you need it, you can send me your email address and I send the video to you. (YouTube is blocked by Chinese government, I can't upload the video in it)

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't realise one had to setup a SIP server to be able to call one VTH from another. It would be useful for me as one is upstairs. I don't have to yell up the steps.

Thanks for the tip!

GPop

n3wb
Reaction score
It depends, Both the VTO and VTH have to my running the same firmware. This means you can get the following situation

VTO & VTH with out SIP
VTO & VTH with SIP

In my case I had the VTO with out SIP and VTH with SIP so they wouldn't talk to each other until I upgraded the VTO to have SIP. Then they would talk to each other

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your information! I will check the firmware versions and take it from there.

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually my issue is for VTH to talk each other. I have no issues with VTO to VTH. The doorbell functionality is working fine n dandy. It's the internal intercom functionality that I amcurious about.

Kvour

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a demonstration video from Dahua core engineer on setting up VTO/VTH new formware version V4.3 (SIP server version).
It is very simpe for me by IE or Firefox web brower now, just 1 minute. It took several hours for to set up VTP/VTH in the first time.
If you need it, you can send me your email address and I send the video to you. (YouTube is blocked by Chinese government, I can't upload the video in it)
hola te agradeceria el video saludos kvour7@gmail.com

ali.waqar

n3wb
Reaction score
plzzzz subscribe my youtube channel
WinStar Technology Bh

dahua technical support

link zapped

Last edited by a moderator: