Dahua XVR don't have some playback fonctions through Web browser ?

spe99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Why some fonctions like "Fast Play 2x.. 4x.. 8x..", "Slow Play", "Play previous file", play next file", etc. aren't present through Web Browser (WebService) ?

Theses fonctions are usable throught mouse/computer-display attached back on the XVR but not present trought Webbrowser.

My old DVR have it !! not the new XVR.

Thanks and best regards.

spe99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Nobody can help me ?

Thanks and best regards

spe99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
Thank you !
Yes, it's working now with IE !
Many Thanks

spe99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

IE ist stopped by Microsoft and with Dahua Webservice, I still have freeze after some minutes ! I need to stop IE with Device Manager and restart again !

I tried with Chrome, Edge and Firefox and all of these one don't have some fonctions button like "Fast Play 2x.. 4x.. 8x..", "Slow Play", "Play previous file", play next file", etc. They aren't present through Web Browser (WebService) ?

What I need to to ??

Thanks for help !
Regards.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you made sure Windows is up to date along with plugs like Java etc ? You’ll sometimes see IE will hang with ActiveX issues so might be that. Let me know

Hi,

IE ist stopped by Microsoft and with Dahua Webservice, I still have freeze after some minutes ! I need to stop IE with Device Manager and restart again !

I tried with Chrome, Edge and Firefox and all of these one don't have some fonctions button like "Fast Play 2x.. 4x.. 8x..", "Slow Play", "Play previous file", play next file", etc. They aren't present through Web Browser (WebService) ?

What I need to to ??

Thanks for help !
Regards.

spe99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for reply.

Java and activeX are uptodate, like IE. I don't have notification on Windows Update

spe99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you have fonctions button like "Fast Play 2x.. 4x.. 8x..", "Slow Play", "Play previous file", play next file", etc with Chrome, Edge or Firefox ?
or it's a bug only ny my side ???

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe model or firmware specific, but on the 4208 NVR its there in IE - click the FF button and you get 2x,4x,8x etc.

No it does show on other browsers.

FF.jpg

spe99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks bigredfish.

But why only with IE when IE is no longer supported by Microsoft ? Strange !!

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you have fonctions button like "Fast Play 2x.. 4x.. 8x..", "Slow Play", "Play previous file", play next file", etc with Chrome, Edge or Firefox ?
or it's a bug only ny my side ???
I have "Fast Play 2x.. 4x.. 8x..", "Slow Play", in IE but I am not familiar with "Play previous file", play next file", etc. How does that work or do you need AI or other events triggered? I just noticed a tab in the lower right hand corner that shows Movements.

I'm new at this and considering SmartPSS for playback but need to make sure the latest Windows 64 release is stable and safe before I'll try it .

NVR5216-16P-4KS2E with latest v4001.x firmware.

Search1.JPGSearch2.JPG

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OP was asking about the XVR not SmartPSS. But SmartPSS is an option to use

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OP was asking about the XVR not SmartPSS. But SmartPSS is an option to use
Understood, I was trying to understand what was meant by "Play previous file", play next file", etc. while also mentioning SmartPSS as an application others use for better playback control in case OP can't get IE to work. I have never used it so am not in a position to recommend it.

I'm thinking it is the control accessed through the lower right tab?

Thanks.