Deep IVS, am I missing something for auto tracking?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First PTZ camera here, SD49425XB-HNR is the model.
https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/36967

FW Version info below.

Device Type: DH-SD49225XA-HNR
System Version: V2.800.0000000.13.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-01
WEB Version: V3.2.1.768810
ONVIF Version: 18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ Version: V2.401.0000000.41.RHNZ_190712_32701
Security Baseline Version: V2.0

See link above for camera info. It is a new model that supports AI. Honestly all the AI features are not that important to me, although it would be cool to play with auto tracking.

I have setup 1 Intrusion Rule and 2 Tripwire rules with no success. I have smart plan enabled. Am I missing anything in order to get auto tracking going? I believe I drew the max and min size targets as well. See below screenshots.

IVSRules.jpgLocal.jpgMotionDetection.jpgRule1.jpgRule2.jpgRule3.jpg
SmartPlanEnabled.jpgStoragePath.jpg

westoz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DH-SD5A445XA-HNR ,I do not have Motion Detection switched on, also my intrusion zone is set smaller as 50% of a moving object needs to cross the line to activate

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a DH-SD5A445XA-HNR ,I do not have Motion Detection switched on, also my intrusion zone is set smaller as 50% of a moving object needs to cross the line to activate
OK, thanks for your reply. I disabled motion detection and set up another preset for Deep IVS and only used a single tripwire rule and still no luck. I may get with Andy to see if it is possibly a firmware issue as I feel everything is setup right and I get absolutely no motion tracking currently.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Steveee thanks for the offer to assist.

I have a PoE+ Injector on the way as I only have the one PoE+ switch. Switch is rated for 30 watts max per port and only one other cam is plugged into it. I've already tried different ports and re-terminating the ends. I even unplugged the other cam to test. When plugged in to a laptop and gigabit switch link speed shows 1Gbps for whatever that is worth. I always thought if auto negotiation shows 1Gbps that the cable is good but I could be wrong. Will try different cable if PoE+ injector doesn't do anything for me.

I'm also thinking it may be the SD card so I will swap that out also.

Frustrating thing is i can get IVS working on the 5231 without any issue. I have reset this thing too many times to count (last time was 3 hard resets in a row just for thoroughness). I have tried smaller intrusion boxes and various line crossing.

What firmware are you on?

Last edited:

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My auto tracking was not working quite so well today, not sure why. Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty good. So did factory default reset from browser, then started again. The only changes I made are in screen shots below, and Auto-tracking worked.

Screenshot (61).png Screenshot (62).png Screenshot (65).png Screenshot (66).png
I have made other adjustments since, but it worked with just the above set.

Last edited:

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My auto tracking was not working quite so well today, not sure why. Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty good. So did factory default reset from browser, then started again. The only changes I made are in screen shots below, and Auto-tracking worked.

View attachment 49114 View attachment 49115 View attachment 49116 View attachment 49117

I have made other adjustments since, but it worked with just the above set.
Yeah, I have done the same thing over and over and it just plain does not work. What firmware are you on? I guess I'll see tonight if the issue is related to power but I am doubtful.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
System Version: V2.800.0000000.13.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-01

This was the one it shipped with and the one @Steveee is having success with.

Last edited:

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY

Any luck into looking into original firmware? No rush, just checking as I'm sure you are very busy.

I setup Smart PSS V2.003.0000000.0.R.190802 just to play around with it today. For this PTZ when I went to see the IVS config each time the IVS config was missing. I would recreate it and it would be missing again. For the 5231 IVS rules behaved normally (they would not disappear after configuring).

If I configured IVS via the camera's web interface, the rule lines would show up in Smart PSS but no motion boxes around any moving objects unlike the 5231. I feel the issue has to be software but don't understand why hard reset doesn't fix the issue. This thing is kicking my ass!

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY

Help!! My cam is a dumb cam and not a smart one. Can you help get it smart? Lol.

IVS still not working even once.
SMD does not appear to be working either. I have reset the cam lots of times and followed the simple instructions with no luck.

Do you think stock firmware is worth a try? Any ideas why it's not working for me but for others?
Cam is really awesome. Just wish I could play with all the new features lol.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY

Help!! My cam is a dumb cam and not a smart one. Can you help get it smart? Lol.

IVS still not working even once.
SMD does not appear to be working either. I have reset the cam lots of times and followed the simple instructions with no luck.

Do you think stock firmware is worth a try? Any ideas why it's not working for me but for others?
Cam is really awesome. Just wish I could play with all the new features lol.
Have you make a default on your ptz after you finish the updating? If still can't draw, make a hard reset on the camera, press it 5-7 seconds when camera is powered on.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you make a default on your ptz after you finish the updating? If still can't draw, make a hard reset on the camera, press it 5-7 seconds when camera is powered on.
Yes, I have done default, factory default, and hard reset many times already. I've started over with this cam many time with no luck. Not understanding why. I can create IVS rules but it doesn't work, same with SMD.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @EMPIRETECANDY

I copied my message below that I sent to Stevee as far as double checking the settings. Just thought I would share this here in case you have any ideas.

Hi @Steveee,

I have defaulted the config again. I have not adjusted any settings other than the IP address, which I set statically on the camera, The PTZ preset I created, enabling the smart plan, and creating the IVS rule. I've tried different rules, different sizes, different views, etc and it all results in the same issue of IVS not working.

I have tried flipping the camera between NTSC and PAL, all with no luck. Is yours set to NTSC or PAL?

I should also note that I am a Systems Administrator. If it has a web interface, I've probably managed it. Also versed in a bit of Cisco CCNA related stuff and other enterprise hardware management. I'm doubting it is a config issue, but I am always open to being wrong lol. I have been wrong before and I am sure I will be wrong at some point again.

Another question. How are you powering your cam? PoE+ or are you using a power adapter and regular ethernet?

Attachments

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @EMPIRETECANDY

I copied my message below that I sent to Stevee as far as double checking the settings. Just thought I would share this here in case you have any ideas.

Hi @Steveee,

I have defaulted the config again. I have not adjusted any settings other than the IP address, which I set statically on the camera, The PTZ preset I created, enabling the smart plan, and creating the IVS rule. I've tried different rules, different sizes, different views, etc and it all results in the same issue of IVS not working.

I have tried flipping the camera between NTSC and PAL, all with no luck. Is yours set to NTSC or PAL?

I should also note that I am a Systems Administrator. If it has a web interface, I've probably managed it. Also versed in a bit of Cisco CCNA related stuff and other enterprise hardware management. I'm doubting it is a config issue, but I am always open to being wrong lol. I have been wrong before and I am sure I will be wrong at some point again.

Another question. How are you powering your cam? PoE+ or are you using a power adapter and regular ethernet?
Your problem is the IVS rules setting failed. @Cameraguy can help check how is going on Philip's setting?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your problem is the IVS rules setting failed. @Cameraguy can help check how is going on Philip's setting?
Ok, just to confirm my Live View does show the rule. Just want to make sure it's the same issue as you are talking about.

Wohoo hope that @Cameraguy can get me going. There is a case of beer in it if you do :);)! lol

I'll buy Andy @EMPIRETECANDY some cold ones also!

Attachments

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, just to confirm my Live View does show the rule. Just want to make sure it's the same issue as you are talking about.

Wohoo hope that @Cameraguy can get me going. There is a case of beer in it if you do :);)! lol

I'll buy Andy @EMPIRETECANDY some cold ones also!
Let me look this thread over

First erase all the plans, tripwire and intrusion boxes