DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000005.0.R.190325.zip

morelup

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think Lexalex is having the same issue as I am having. If i update my 5321 cameras, they will now require a different plugin than my NVR which I think may be EOL so won't get new updates. so I'm essentially going to have to leave my plugin for the NAS on my primary computer and if for some reason ever need to get recordings off my camera's SD cards (or view them) i'd have to use a seperate computer with the newer plugin installed, OR leave the 5321's on older firmware (which may just be a more advisable option). I was considering getting 2 more cameras and was just going to get the non-varifocal new versions and save a few dollars, but seems like it'd be smarter to just grab 5321's and keep them on the older firmware.

lexalex

n3wb
Reaction score
My thoughts. IMHO.
The problem is new plugin has "the same name" as old one i.e. it REPLACES old/original/public.
So
There should be the way to "rename" new version plugin to let them (new+old) co-exist in the system (different names, GUIDs, paths, etc); and new camera firmware should call NEW plugin.
OR
Rebuild ALL Firmwares for ALL Cameras and NVRs %)
Or just rebuild other_model Firmwares on demand (by user request :)

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How should one upgrade the firmware correctly?

@EMPIRETECANDY and some other people wrote last year that AFTER applying a firmware update, you must factory default (reset) the camera in the Web UI. Is this still necessary today with the newer firmware? How do you update the new firmware?

Thanks in advance

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could someone confirm if you are able to format the SD card with this firmware?

i'm not sure if the issue i'm seeing right now is due to the firmware or the sd card or some combo (samsung evo select 128GiB)

gbonny

n3wb
Reaction score
I've upgraded one of the two Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z's I have (fw from may 2017). So far so good, the settings were preserved after the upgrade, did no factory reset.

Onvifer (android app) on my mobile still works. Live feed works with HTML5 browsers like Chrome/Firefox (without plugin). One thing I noticed was that the image was more smooth before in the browser, with the plugin. It's not an issue though.

The only thing that didn't work anymore was the connection from Synology Surveillance Station. I had to reconfigure the camera settings to model [onvif] in Surveillance Station. I've requested support for v2.800 firmware in Surveillance Station.

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Mpowers: Did you factory reset the camera?

Do we still need to factory reset the cameras after upgrading (with the new firmware)?

Kisch

n3wb
Reaction score
I've upgraded one of the two Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z's I have (fw from may 2017). So far so good, the settings were preserved after the upgrade, did no factory reset.

Onvifer (android app) on my mobile still works. Live feed works with HTML5 browsers like Chrome/Firefox (without plugin). One thing I noticed was that the image was more smooth before in the browser, with the plugin. It's not an issue though.

The only thing that didn't work anymore was the connection from Synology Surveillance Station. I had to reconfigure the camera settings to model [onvif] in Surveillance Station. I've requested support for v2.800 firmware in Surveillance Station.
Hm, interesting. I updated IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and connection from Synology Surveillance Station is ok (set to appropriate Dahua model as before).

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hm, interesting. I updated IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and connection from Synology Surveillance Station is ok (set to appropriate Dahua model as before).
Same here: Three (3) IPC-HDW5231R-ZE's and an IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, in fact. No trouble from the Synology SS at all.

fixxxer0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm getting a message in the new NVR 4.0 firmware that says "Turn off recording before the updates" or something like that. Is there a convenient way to disable the camera recording?
i just did this.

the only way i knew how in the NVR was to goto the schedule, select all days, and turn it off, then copy that setting to all channels and save.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i just did this.

the only way i knew how in the NVR was to goto the schedule, select all days, and turn it off, then copy that setting to all channels and save.
In your NVR, go to Settings -> Storage -> Record Control

In there you just set the corresponding camera / channel to OFF, in Main Stream, Sub Stream.

After the upgrade is finished and successful, i set them back to Auto

That's how i do it most of the time.

gbonny

n3wb
Reaction score

I now know the root-cause! I've added some more rights to the user in the camera which I use to connect from Surveillance Station to the camera. So it's working perfectly now, even with the manufacturer and model set to Dahua/IPC-HDW5231R-Z(no onvif). Still running!

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Old thread- I know. I'd like to upgrade to this current firmware from 2.622.0000000.31.R, Build Date: 2018-08-13 for my 5231's, however I'm having trouble finding exactly how to do that.

From my understanding, I'm supposed to go into each camera's UI and export their settings, however I only see the import/export tab and clicking either of those does nothing. They appear to be non functioning. Is this where I should go to export my cameras settings? Or will the settings save after updating the firmware?

Also, once I download the update, do I just go into upgrade>select firmware file>and select the file I downloaded then update?

I apologize for this noob question, I was only able to find the steps on how to unbrick Dahua's after a bad update and no step-by-step instruction for firmware updates, and I'd just like to do it correct the first time. If this has been covered before, a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Kisch

n3wb
Reaction score
@cam26 I can speak only for myself. I did few firmware upgrades (2x5231, 4231) and setting was always preserved. I just went into upgrade>select firmware file>and uploaded update. I dont know if it is correct procedure, but it worked for me.

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
From my understanding, I'm supposed to go into each camera's UI and export their settings, however I only see the import/export tab and clicking either of those does nothing. They appear to be non functioning. Is this where I should go to export my cameras settings?
It is. What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox and it puts up a requester asking me if I want to open or save the file. Have you checked your browser's default download directory to see if there's anything in there? N.B.: All config exports are named "configFileExport.backup". So, if you want to save config backups for several cameras or several versions, you'll have to rename them.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
It might be a good idea to (as a best practice) clear cookies and cache after you have done a firmware upgrade. Otherwise you'll end up with (strange) artefacts, both in FF/IE or Chrome.

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I also highly recommend a reboot shortly (or immediately) before updating firmware. I've never experienced a failure to update after rebooting, but have experienced many failures when I forgot to first reboot. Note that "failure" can take many forms. For example, several times the update process would appear to succeed, but after the camera reboots itself, I find it's still running the same version rather than with the new version.