DHI-VTO2111D-WP with NVR

sparkyman

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a Dahua video doorbell VTO2111D. I would like to know if I can hook this up to my existing Dahua NVR that I already have and if I can access all the features such as remote answering from my phone and surveillance at the same time. I've already set up my cameras on GDMSS App and I was assuming that this can be done with the video doorbell added on as well. My NVR I have is the NVR2108- 8P. Any help appreciated.

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You'll have to connect the VTO2111D to your router or a switch on your network, but you won't be able to make it work if you connect it to one of the PoE ports of your recorder because the VTO would be in a separate network if you do it.
Once you've installed it that way you'll be able to add it to the NVR and to perform the remote answering.

sparkyman

n3wb
Reaction score
You'll have to connect the VTO2111D to your router or a switch on your network, but you won't be able to make it work if you connect it to one of the PoE ports of your recorder because the VTO would be in a separate network if you do it.
Once you've installed it that way you'll be able to add it to the NVR and to perform the remote answering.

I will have to power it with a transformer because I dont have a POE switch. Will it work on a normal switch or do I need a Dahua switch as well?