DHI-VTO2211G-WP - Can't record videos

pixel92

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I got recently installed the DHI-VTO2211G-WP along with two IP Indoor Monitors the DHI-VTH2621GW-P. I have inserted a micro sd card (64gb) in one of the monitors but I can not record or save videos. Do I have to insert a micro sd card into the VTO as well?. I want to be able to record videos and I can't find a way to do it. Can someone please tell me what to do?

Thank you.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You should only need it in vth. Then in storage mode you should see options for either ftp or sd. If you have a dahua nvr you can also add as a camera and record there as well.

pixel92

n3wb
Reaction score
You should only need it in vth. Then in storage mode you should see options for either ftp or sd. If you have a dahua nvr you can also add as a camera and record there as well.
Thanks for the reply! Don't have NVR. On the monitor I clicked where it said to format the card and then I was able to see in the Call Settings the option to Auto Capture. But that's about it I don't see anywhere in the monitor settings the option to record videos. In the manual of the DHI-VTO2211G-WP it says this: Advanced Features: Video Motion Detection, Auto Snapshot (enabled via indoor monitor), Record Videos (requires an SD card in the indoor monitor).
But in the manual of the monitor it says Leave Videos: Yes (SD card inserted in VTO is needed).

I'm confused. Do I have to insert another card into the VTO in order to record videos? Which that would be difficult now since it's already mounted in the wall. Also on the app I would like to be able to click on Playback and see recording of the VTO. I'm fairly new to this so any help is very much appreciated.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have to log in through your computer.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you hit format? It doesn’t look like you have or there isn’t a card installed.

pixel92

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you hit format? It doesn’t look like you have or there isn’t a card installed.
I have a card in the monitor not in the VTO. Also in the datasheet of VTO it says:

Advanced Features
• Video Motion Detection
• Auto Snapshot (enabled via indoor monitor)
• Record Videos (requires an SD card in the indoor monitor)

That's why I inserted a card in the monitor and not in the VTO.

Last edited: