Do I need PVC/metal conduit?

Exeon

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Exeon

n3wb
Reaction score
I just realized that it is not called the roof, but it is called "attic"

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just realized that it is not called the roof, but it is called "attic"
Hi @Exeon

So you plan to run the cable in the attic ( i.e. above the ceiling of the house and under the roof )?

If so, conduit is not required in the attic. It can be useful to run conduit to help physically protect the cable from critters ( rodents and the like enjoy eating things ) as well as help run the cables in sections of the attic which are low. ( I prefer PVC schedule 40 conduit 3/4"+ for such cases.. very affordable, easy to install.. )

Last edited:

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @Exeon

So you plan to run the cable in the attic ( i.e. above the ceiling of the house and under the roof )?

If so, conduit is not required in the attic. It can be useful to run conduit to help physically protect the cable from critters ( rodents and the like enjoy eating things ) as well as help run the cables in sections of the attic which are low. ( I prefer PVC schedule 40 conduit 3/4"+ for such cases.. very affordable, easy to install.. )
Hello Matt..I was thinking of getting this something like this one. My builder has it installed for HDMI and worked well for me. My thought if I get this one then I can just tap is on the side of the boards in the attic. Thoughts?