Dogs Kill Cat

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

These three dogs have been on a rampage since December 2023. They are out to kill cats and here's one on video from April 14, 2024. A call to 911 was made immediately after the attack while the dogs were in a yard with the dead cat. As usual, absolutely no response at all from the Lubbock Police Department and a delayed response from Lubbock Animal Services until daylight.

The end of the video shows the actual cat being killed. The camera is about 450 feet away from the killing area, its purpose is to watch the intersection, so the quality isn't worthy of an Oscar. I am not going to show a close-up picture of the cat that was killed.

I need to go clean the PTZ East camera lens.

Damn dogs! A few hours later I reported a neighbor's Rottweiler out looking for cats. The owner got handed a citation by Lubbock Animal Services.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not a cat person but I do NOT like it that the dogs hunted then killed the cat. Not making excuses for the dogs, but they ARE a pack animal. Oftentimes when 2, 3 or more get together and roam, especially when any nearby females are in season, they have a heightened sense of primordial purpose. We forget that their ancestors were wild for MANY more years than they have been domesticated and they hunted other animals for food to survive. If you ever watch some good videos of wolves or hyenas hunting you'll see that behavior. Even the big cats hunt using teamwork.

Most people that own dogs don't understand that their lovable, gentle dog can become a fierce, unpredictable animal when it gets caught up in the excitement of a pack. Dogs, especially large dogs, should never be allowed to run free day OR night.

It's this ignorance and lack of responsibility on the part of many dog owners that oftentimes cause me to wish the dog owner's parents had been spayed or neutered as much as the dogs (cats need spay/neuter also).

Reaction score
when I was 14 we had packs of wild dogs roaming around in NJ that killed one 7 year old boy and almost killed a 68 year man, well opening day of goose season they attacked me and a buddy on the way to blueberry farm pond. I shot the first one from about 20 feet away blowing his head right off his body, between the both of us we killed 13 of them,

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m in India at the moment and if a dog or dogs see a cat here they will kill it? Maybe it’s just base instinct?

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Were they out sport killing or getting a meal out of it? When coyotes are in the area eating feral cats I feel they are doing us a service and getting a meal out of it. But sport killing by animals is disturbing.
Those three dogs belong to someone who is allowing them to roam. They are regulars on the street and they run along houses looking for cats to chase and kill if they can catch the cat. They killed the cat, carried it to another house, dropped it, and continued on. It was not dinner for them.