DS-7608NI-I2 delete 1 camera footage - descrease quota

rosak

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have DS-7608NI-I2 with 4 cameras. Just discovered that 1 camera takes most of HDD space. That camera is not very important, I don't want to keep recordings for more than a week.
It currently uses 2000 Mb of HDD. I changed quota for that camera to 700 Mb so I can have more space for more important cameras but 2000 Mb is already used.
How can I free it up?
I know it is not possible to delete random recordings.
If there is no other solution I can delete all recordings from that camera, including the current ones if I know how.
Formatting entire HDD is not an option.
Thanks in advance.

rosak

n3wb
Reaction score
I know why, it's pan and tilt camera but that's not the point. I want it to keep recordings for say a week max and I want one of my other cameras to keep recordings for even a year.

rosak

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, even if I changed the settings my problem would still not be resolved as it already uses 2 TB which I want to delete somehow.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How many HDDs are in the NVR?
Does the firmware version have the ability to assign the cameras to different HDDs?

rosak

n3wb
Reaction score
Only 1 HDD - 4 TB, before I posted here I was thinking about adding another one. Then I made an idea about limiting HDD space for less important cameras.

rosak

n3wb
Reaction score
Really no one? I have decreased camera quote to 500MB but it still uses previously written 2TB. All new recordings overwrite all cameras footage including my most important camera footage.
Maybe if I remove that 1 least important camera the footage gets removed too?