Exporting clips for texting purposes

Todd Schmidt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So my wife just asked me if there was a way to take a video clip and text it from within the BI app. I see the buttons for picture and video, however only the picture one seems to do anything. My cameras are continually recording. Any thoughts? She is not very tech savvy so if there is a simple way, rather then going thru the ui3 that would be best.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When reviewing a clip you should be able to click the video/filmstrip button to start and stop a local recording to your camera reel. So click it where you want to start the clip, play through it and then click when you want it to end. Only works during playback. I believe in live video it triggers the cameras manual recording to BI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd Schmidt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When reviewing a clip you should be able to click the video/filmstrip button to start and stop a local recording to your camera reel. So click it where you want to start the clip, play through it and then click when you want it to end. Only works during playback. I believe in live video it triggers the cameras manual recording to BI.

Thanks.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Perhaps it depends on recording formats. I use MPEG4 and from what I can see there is no ability within the iOS App to save the file.
And no filmstrip icon during playback. Interested to hear how you get on with this, so see what I am missing.

Todd Schmidt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perhaps it depends on recording formats. I use MPEG4 and from what I can see there is no ability within the iOS App to save the file.
And no filmstrip icon during playback. Interested to hear how you get on with this, so see what I am missing.
See th182’s comment. That’s what worked for me.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Adjustments.jpg
Not sure if it matters but all my cameras are direct to disk recording BVR format.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
View attachment 50728
Not sure if it matters but all my cameras are direct to disk recording BVR format.

Damn, I didn't get any of those icons in Playtback mode.
Playback always goes instantly full screen and no way to shrink!!
Switched to BVR format and now I get the icons above!!!
Thanks for that!!
I record in H.265, I notice when playing BVR format back, CPU load increases and the format received is H.264 (so the server is now transcoding). Can't tell any quality issues on my phone screen, and cpu increase is minor but interesting to note the different behaviour between containers.
I rarely play back via the APP, but this is a great feature to know.

Last edited: