EZVIZ LC1 Security Light Camera

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not exactly a doorbell (please move if needed) but does anyone have experience with this?

Potentially useful to cover a blind spot on my property and use to trigger doorbell/alarms.

modestmohd

n3wb
Reaction score
I have it for 4 months now, it is overall nice, but not that perfect...

Pros:
* Camera quality are very good at daylight and at night
* floodlight is very bright that make all my camera shoot night vision in colors. you also may control the brightness
* floodlight can be trigger by PIR
* Can save video continues or motion detection on SD or cloud
* Video recorded by motion detection save the previous 10 seconds
* can check the stream locally
rtsp:/admin:password@IP/h264_stream
rtsp:/admin:password@IP/streaming/Channels/1
* I was able to control via hikvision iVMS-4200, and found most of the staff that is ok for Ezviz DB1
* limited connection to IFTTT/ Google Home / Alexa
- For triggered, only motion trigger, it is useless with IFttt, it is very slow, if your camera trigger many time in short period

Cons:
* As Ezviz DB1 it also doesn't support ONVIF or has port 80 open..
* Motion detection is not based on the PIR, it is only based on image change, which means many false positive alarms ... using iVMS-4200 doesn't show any setting for the floodlight, seems that controller for floodlight and camera is completely separate.
* No option to control how much time the floodlight will be on after detecting human or animal..

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The lack of a timer in the floodlight is very surprising. Even some of the cheapest security lights I purchased had a timer. How long does the floodlight stay on?

modestmohd

n3wb
Reaction score
It is just turn off, once the PIR sensor doesn't detect any motion, so sometime even there might be someone there, but not moving, so it will switch off.

You may turn on the floodlight manually from the APP. No option to turn it on with any automation such as IFTTT or even with a schedule in the app. I hope that they can add that later.

The current version is V5.2.6 Build 191029, so far I got 3 updates, only the first one was a different version, others didn't add anything new, just new build.
Before that first update, if you do enable the alarm, the floodlight has to flash at anytime, even in the morning, which was non-sense. If you disable the alarming, the camera still record on image motion detection, but you don't get the screenshoot of the triggered even. which is nice to get what was happening! Sure, I am disabling the notification on my phone anyway, as there are too many false positive.