Firmware DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A and system date

Figazz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to find out what is the current firmware version for the DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A and since when it is officially available.
Don't you know why the system date is set to 01.01.2004 every time I connect the NVR to the PC?
Is it possible to find out from the log files whether the date and time were intentionally changed?
thank you for the answers

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding the loss of time and date when power fails, check to see if there's a lithium "coin cell" battery on the motherboard that maintains the real-time clock and calendar when there's no power to the NVR. If so, I recommend replacing it, as below: His was a CR1220; the CR2032 is perhaps the most popular so check first before you purchase one.

and more:

Why are you wanting to update the firmware? Is there a problem that the firmware will fix or there's a feature you must have? If not, I would not try to update the firmware and run the risk of bricking your NVR.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
what is the current firmware version for the DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A
The newest (and last) firmware is V3.4.106 Build191009
here :

Don't you know why the system date is set to 01.01.2004 every time I connect the NVR to the PC?
That's the Linux default start date for when the system time has not been updated from an NTP (Network Time Protocol) source such as time.windows.com which is possible if the NVR can connect out to the internet. If it's on the LAN with internet access, check the NTP settings in the network config of the web GUI.

But if the NVR cannot connect out to the internet, as @TonyR states, the coin cell that maintains the real time clock of the NVR when not powered has probably expired.