Fox Versus Chicken

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The chicken survived but injured it's foot at some point. Blood spots were found on the porch.

Great shots!

That's got to be one of the most laid-back foxes I think I've ever seen, that chicken should have been a goner in a matter of seconds, but after a good fight of course.
Toward the end, that chicken seizes the opportunity, kicks it in overdrive and makes like the roadrunner and high-tails it outta sight......thought I was watching Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner for a second there. :lmao:

Oldtechguy66

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
wow, you have some bold, brazen foxes. They're much more shy and stealthy in my area; rarely seen and seldom near homes. They tend to stay in the woods. I have at least 2 pairs on our farm, but only see them occasionally at night, stalking critters around our pond. Never seen them near the barn or house, at least so far. Too much competition from coyotes I suspect, which are everywhere and fearless. I have no chickens, so it might be a different story if I did... A friend with a farm nearby has chickens, and the critters most often responsible for chickenacides (foul play?) are red-tail hawks and weasels. The weasels are insidious.. kill a chicken and leave it. At least the hawks are just after dinner. Had to build her a large fully enclosed wire pen/run, and line the top & bottom with wire as well, to keep out the excavating weasels & skydiving hawks.