FTP Difficulties

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in the process of adding a time lapse webcam to a website I've developed, with the requirement being for the webcam software to FTP a frame every 30 seconds to a specific folder on my server and overwrite the image in there, with it seeming I've got a problem with it seeming the problem I'm having, (see screenshot below), being due to my server requiring TLS 1.2 compatability for FTP.
Any suggestions on how I can get this to work with iSpy would be appreciated.

Holmey

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First off, I do not use iSpy; I FTP with Blue Iris VMS and FileZilla.

In your image, is the setting for "encryption" shown behind the error popup? If so, what is the setting?

Reaction score
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply, with me having tried it with all combinations of settings.

If you don't use iSpy, could you suggest an alternative way/solution that I can set up a webcam, (on a dedicated Windows machine), so that it uploads a frame every 30 seconds to a dedicated folder on a lightspeed server?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply, with me having tried it with all combinations of settings.

If you don't use iSpy, could you suggest an alternative way/solution that I can set up a webcam, (on a dedicated Windows machine), so that it uploads a frame every 30 seconds to a dedicated folder on a lightspeed server?
You can't beat Blue Iris for configurability, flexibility, etc. , IMO.

I use it to FTP a JPEG image of my "FlagCam" to my website every 5 minutes. It will allow hundreds of different brands, models of IP cams, DVR's, NVR's and USB webcams. There's a special section on this forum for Blue Iris as well, here.

You can check out the Demo version to see how it works for you as far as FTP-ing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

I've bought a single camera licence for Blue Iris and it's not even letting me connect to my webcam, (a Logitec HD Pro 920), showing "no signal, error: 80004005, with me having Googled that and got no meaningful advice, any further suggestions as to the problem please ?