FYI - LeChange / Dahua 8x 8MP/4K UHD IP PoE cameras + 16 channel port PoE NVR 2/3TB HDD $899 7/13/18

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
There are many files inside the zip. I tried 2 of the .bins via Internet Explorer and it failed to update.

Never mind
I see you posted the .bin only. It does not work.
Then your NVR can't be updated to the original english dahua firmware. Ask your supplier to send you the latest new firmware for updating.

BGChicago

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Then your NVR can't be updated to the original english dahua firmware. Ask your supplier to send you the latest new firmware for updating.
By chance you can help me find firmware for DH-IPC-HFW4800EN? May be from 2018. Thanks.

ivanko06

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so. Yes LeChange is official product by Dahua, somehow the kit you all talking about did disappeared from LeChange or Imou website or maybe it was newer there. Anyway if your sticker says nk168p083-nvr wich is (Lechange 16-Channel 4K UHD NVR with 3TB HDD and 8 4K Outdoor Night Vision Bullet Cameras) and you bought it for $600-$800 you saved a lot of money. But the problem there is no support for this product at all. So we all want to reflash it to Dahua. Your NVR is nvr4216-16p-4ks2 and your cameras is DH-IPC-HFW4830E-S. Each camera cost $200 & this Poe NVR about $350 plus hard drive $100 = $2,050. Finally to the point, I got the guy who is officially working for Dahua repair center in eastern European country. He was able to connect to my PC using Team Viewer and by connecting by USB serial cable RS232 he reflashed my NVR to latest Dahua 4.0 firmware for $60. Now cameras little more complicated we will attempt to reflash them in couple days for $20 each since it have to be connected by UART and I just need special adapter not to solder cables.

Attachments

Last edited:

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so. Yes LeChange is official product by Dahua, somehow the kit you all talking about did disappeared from LeChange or Imou website or maybe it was newer there. Anyway if your sticker says nk168p083-nvr wich is (Lechange 16-Channel 4K UHD NVR with 3TB HDD and 8 4K Outdoor Night Vision Bullet Cameras) and you bought it for $600-$800 you saved a lot of money. But the problem there is no support for this product at all. So we all want to reflash it to Dahua. Your NVR is nvr4216-16p-4ks2 and your cameras is DH-IPC-HFW4830E-S. Each camera cost $200 & this Poe NVR about $350 plus hard drive $100 = $2,050. Finally to the point, I got the guy who is officially working for Dahua repair center in eastern European country. He was able to connect to my PC using Team Viewer and by connecting by USB serial cable RS232 hr reflashed my NVR to latest Dahua 4.0 firmware for $60. Now cameras little more complicated we will attempt to reflash them in couple days for $20 each since it have to be connected by UART and I just need special adapter not to solder cables.
Buy that guy a beverage. That's unheard of quality of support!

ivanko06

n3wb
Reaction score
Buy that guy a beverage. That's unheard of quality of support!
Well it's a paid service I sent him $60 over wester union, but I got lucky because I called official Dahua distributor / service center in easter European country but he gave me his cell phone #. Try to call Dahua in us, they will simply tell you to F.ck off, any way this guy has direct access to official Chinese Dahua support as a tech. Will keep you updated once cameras is reflashed to Dahua since there is important algorithm for IVS. Plus I will only spent $220 to convert to $2,050 kit before tax and yes 4k image is incredible.

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh yeah! Even better, the guy knows the hardware AND has access to do it right.
Let me know how it works, and I may go the same route.

ivanko06

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh yeah! Even better, the guy knows the hardware AND has access to do it right.
Let me know how it works, and I may go the same route.
So the main concern is motion detection and we all know it sucks, unless you are using
RING by Amazon where there is a joke is that people overseas watching your cameras 24/7 and triggering this detection. It's why I would like to update my LeChange cameras to official Dahua firmware, sine IVS algorithm is improved.

ivanko06

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok yes so camera is doable as well (can be done). The only pain in ass is to connect uart cable to camera since you have to disassemble it. Any way cameras come to be IPC-HFW4831E-SE. Finally official product firmware from 08.07.2019 versus unsupported firmware from 2017 with IVS.

Attachments

Last edited:

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice info!

Can you relay the guy's contact info?

Thanks for posting!

Edit - Also, can you attach camera and nvr firmware to this thread?

Last edited:

MarkS11

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok yes so camera is doable as well (can be done). The only pain in ass is to connect uart cable to camera since you have to disassemble it. Any way cameras come to be IPC-HFW4831E-SE. Finally official product firmware from 08.07.2019 versus unsupported firmware from 2017 with IVS.
Nice info!

Can you relay the guy's contact info?

Thanks for posting!

Edit - Also, can you attach camera and nvr firmware to this thread?
Well I bought and bench tested this LeChange system then returned a similarly priced Lorex system to Costco. I chose the LeChange because I thought that it would receive better support from Dahua for software and future compatibility .. I got that wrong :facepalm:

Thanks for doing all that hard work and posting your accomplishment - I would also like to put in the effort to flash current firmware to my Cameras and NVR.

Was your guy willing to help service any other customers wanting to re-flash their kits?

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ivanko06 , can you relay the Dahua reps number that helped with your service?

It would be nice to upgrade our firmware.

You can just attach the firmware files here (to the post) and I'm sure we can figure it out, shouldn't that hard and with your tips, should be straight forward.

Did you notice any features "lost" with the upgrade (ie IVS no longer functioning?)

Thanks and inquiring minds would like to know!!

Side note -- I just picked up another 8port 4cam setup from B&H to max out my NVR and sold 2cams and the spare NVR to my uncle, he is loving it!

I should have bought the 16port setup from Frys when I saw it on sale for $699 :smash:

Joby619

n3wb
Reaction score
I just wanted to add that thanks to this thread and the "easy unbricking" thread, I was able to flash Dahua firmware to my Lechange cameras. I will probably try to flash my 8ch Lechange NVR once my "pro" 16ch NVR arrives from Andy.

Joby619

n3wb
Reaction score
I just wanted to add that thanks to this thread and the "easy unbricking" thread, I was able to flash Dahua firmware to my Lechange cameras. I will probably try to flash my 8ch Lechange NVR once my "pro" 16ch NVR arrives from Andy.
Update: The NVR5216 from Andy is on the way so I decided to flash my Lechange NVR to dahua firmware last night. It workEd using the “easy unbricking” method, but you have to follow page 12 and 13 in that thread. Those 2 pages have specific information on flashing NVRs. I did not have to connect anything to the cameras or NVR other than a standard cat5 Ethernet cable and power.

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are the NVR firmwares located in the "easy unbricking" thread?

What version fw did you use?

Did you lose IVS?

Did your Cameras come back ok?

Thanks for the info

Joby619

n3wb
Reaction score
Are the NVR firmwares located in the "easy unbricking" thread?

What version fw did you use?

Did you lose IVS?

Did your Cameras come back ok?

Thanks for the info
The firmware I flashed was not found in the unbricking thread. I downloaded the latest firmware for both the cameras and NVR straight from Dahua website.

I am not at home at the moment to see which FW version I used, but it was just what I downloaded directly from dahua. I looked up the fw using camera model
IPC-HFW4831E-SE and NVR model NVR4108-8P-4KS2. The downloaded fw actually covers a bunch of different model cameras and NVRs.

IVS was there before and after flashing to Dahua FW (has anyone lost this feature?)

I flashed the cameras first one by one and my setup uses a POE switch instead of the on board POE ports. Cameras were done first and all working perfectly fine with the Dahua FW on Lechange NVR.

The NVR was disconnected from the Poe switch flashed and then plugged back into the network. Once plugged back into the network, everything appeared as normal including the IVS trip wires that were done before the flash. Only immediate difference was the dahua Logo on the startup screen. I did not look any further for any other changes.

d.lux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Excellent!

So you just pushed the camera FW via the NVR interface, or did you have to use uart cable? (Like stated from a different user above?)

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated sir