Get error “Can not open video” when trying to save alerts

vnr111

n3wb
Reaction score
82173256-4ADC-405B-926C-9F1EB0C217C5.png B0192590-68D5-4D25-9048-C05EBAFFCFAD.png hi,

I can’t seem to get the iOS app to save videos to my library. When I goto an alert, I see the video clip great, but when I try to save it I get “cannot open video”.

If I goto the live feed and click the video save button, nothing saves.

Any thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 28050 View attachment 28049 hi,

I can’t seem to get the iOS app to save videos to my library. When I goto an alert, I see the video clip great, but when I try to save it I get “cannot open video”.

If I goto the live feed and click the video save button, nothing saves.

Any thoughts?
Are you able to view the video just not save it or are you unable to view it at all?

vnr111

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you able to view the video just not save it or are you unable to view it at all?
I can view the clip fine when it’s streaming. Just can’t save it - that error comes as soon as I hit the clip button.

I can easily save photos so it’s not a permission issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can view the clip fine when it’s streaming. Just can’t save it - that error comes as soon as I hit the clip button.

I can easily save photos so it’s not a permission issue.
Are you recording to bvr or mp4?

vnr111

n3wb
Reaction score
if you are already using the latest ios and server versions I would email support.
you can try reinstalling the mobile app to see if that helps.
Yes everything’s up to date. Even just tried a fresh iOS app install on my wife’s iPhone and same issue.

Will try support.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes everything’s up to date. Even just tried a fresh iOS app install on my wife’s iPhone and same issue.

Will try support.
also, it looks like you are not using direct to disk for recording (otherwise the highlighting would not be recorded in the clip)...doing so will significantly reduce cpu consumption and remove the highlighting so that it does not prevent a good capture.

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Having the same problem now after installing version 5. Strange thing is it only comes with one camera. All other cams I can view the alert clip. Did you solved it and how?

Attachments