Have IPC HFW5421E need factory reset

MarcelIP

n3wb
Reaction score
need factory reset IPC HFW5421E because password admin/admin does not work. How is this done on this IP camera? I changed NVRs, stream will not rollover without password.

any help. appreciated

DavidR1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try the credentials from the NVR? I don’t use an NVR but I seem to recall reading that‘s how it worked In recent firmware.

Factory Reset on DahuaWiki

Reset button near the SD slot:
A1919FA3-0B81-4FFC-B829-A01719BBE73C.jpeg

Last edited:

MarcelIP

n3wb
Reaction score
ADT set up 3yrs ago, did not provide password. when i switched NVRs , all 10 dome style 4220s did not work on new NVR until firmware was updated. 5 of the 5421e IPCs worked without firmware update.. 3 cameras 2 dome 4220s, and 1 5421e, did not and because I put in the wrong login when plugged into new NVR, when I replugged them back into old NVR, they, locked up for password.. So I was able to factory reset the 4220s. but not the 5421e.

I held the two tabs on the right side of the PIC you sent. That didn't work. Still trying to figure which is the button. There is a top ? and bottom USB? beyond the SD slot.

DavidR1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still trying to figure which is the button.
Sorry, I should have marked it on the image of my camera. The reset button is small; the T and W mark adjustments for the zoom.

ResetButton.jpeg