Help Surv Co Owner Design his home system?

8urt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That’s was it! Thank you! Audio in was on line in and I didn’t notice. Changed to mic and it works perfectly.
Thats great I am happy to help. Back to your 5541H-AS-PV at the front door you said you have lights at the front door so its always in colour. Do you have motion sensor lights or do you keep lights on overnight 100%. Just curious because it is all stuff I am thinking about. If your willing I would love to see a screenshot from the camera.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thats great I am happy to help. Back to your 5541H-AS-PV at the front door you said you have lights at the front door so its always in colour. Do you have motion sensor lights or do you keep lights on overnight 100%. Just curious because it is all stuff I am thinking about. If your willing I would love to see a screenshot from the camera.
lights on all night. See attached image. (Please don’t judge my leaves, lawn company coming soon lol)

Attachments

8urt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
lights on all night. See attached image. (Please don’t judge my leaves, lawn company coming soon lol)
That looks good. Biggest question though having the lights on all night do you have a bug problem or do you do something to combat the bugs drawn to the lights?
And don't feel bad about the leaves mine isn't much better but the darkness hides it. I just finished installing my first camera (very roughly) I am no pro.
Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 7.27.34 pm.png

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
lights on all night. See attached image.
That looks good. Biggest question though having the lights on all night do you have a bug problem or do you do something to combat the bugs drawn to the lights?
don’t know. Only lived here a couple weeks now and we’re starting to get into winter. Check the pictures though, the lights are all the way up on the second story - if there’s going to be bugs, I bet they’ll be up there.

8urt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
don’t know. Only lived here a couple weeks now and we’re starting to get into winter. Check the pictures though, the lights are all the way up on the second story - if there’s going to be bugs, I bet they’ll be up there.
Good point.. now I just wish I had a two story house ;)

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good point.. now I just wish I had a two story house ;)
I had lights on all night at my previous ranch - yeah, they drew more bugs but for the most part it wasn’t an issue. I lived by the water so there was more bugs too.

I sprayed for spiders twice a year with a product called miss muffets revenge. Seemed to do the trick.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK - now that I have these AI series cams - I cant seem to get alerts to work for humans entering. I set it up for being between certain hours - to alert me if a "human" is in certain areas. Take a look at the screen shots. I've tested by walking around my house. Get no push notifications.

Any ideas?
camera setting 1.JPGcamera setting 2.JPG
camera setting 3.jpg

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@looney2ns @pinko @Cameraguy

In regards to auto tracking with this PTZ - If you look at my standard setting for where the PTZ is - if someone pulls in my driveway in their car - the camera will auto track the car, and completely ignore the person walking up to my house - any ideas on how to get it to break off and follow the human?

Camera Setting 4.JPG

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Push notifications on the Dahua app are hit and miss for a lot of folks, and there are a number of possible reasons why..

Lets see if the events are actually kicking off, try having it send you an email on alerts.? Or watch it on SmartPSS when someone enters...

Review the Basics:
You do have IVS selected in Smart Plan?
Turn off the Object Filter

* I think the image says 6:14:29 PM? You dont have the detection period set for that time....

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Push notifications on the Dahua app are hit and miss for a lot of folks, and there are a number of possible reasons why..

Lets see if the events are actually kicking off, try having it send you an email on alerts.? Or watch it on SmartPSS when someone enters...

Review the Basics:
You do have IVS selected in Smart Plan?
Turn off the Object Filter

* I think the image says 6:14:29 PM? You dont have the detection period set for that time....
I'll try with the object filter off, @bigredfish - Yes, I know it's 6:14, I was just showing the shot to show the intrusion. I tried this during the hours.

IVS is selected, yes.

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And don't feel bad about the leaves mine isn't much better but the darkness hides it. I just finished installing my first camera (very roughly) I am no pro.
View attachment 50259
Any thoughts on the height of this camera? It might be too high??

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns @pinko @bigredfish @Cameraguy

I'm having a really hard time getting this PTZ to break off from a vehicle and follow the person that got out of the vehicle - it will stay affixed to the vehicle. Do you guys have any ideas? any recommendations?
As has been mentioned often, don't depend on autotracking cams, you will be disappointed in a lot of instances.
All you can do is tweak your settings and test, tweak and test more.
Some get better results with trip wires, others get better results with intrusion boxs. It depend's on the surroundings.
I have a PTZ that I gave up on the autotracking a long time ago because it is completely unreliable in my situation.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
As has been mentioned often, don't depend on autotracking cams, you will be disappointed in a lot of instances.
All you can do is tweak your settings and test, tweak and test more.
Some get better results with trip wires, others get better results with intrusion boxs. It depend's on the surroundings.
I have a PTZ that I gave up on the autotracking a long time ago because it is completely unreliable in my situation.
@looney2ns is right. You have to tweak, test and repeat. Alot easier if you have 2 people to work it out. One on the camera, other as the test subject being tracked..